Seiko Kinetic keeps stopping ?

Rich34":2gnccf5f said:
I've got a Kinetic I bought in the late '90s, still going strong but requires a service and new battery every few years. I also have a few automatic Seiko divers - fantastic watches and in the opinion of the guy who looks after my watches (who served his apprenticeship in Switzerland before the quartz phenomenon) the Swiss can't hold a candle to Seiko when it comes to well-designed, solid products.

I've heard the Seiko Divers watch described as the AK47 of watches (it's cheap but you can bash it, drop it, get it soaked, and it keeps on working regardless). :cool:
The automatic Seiko divers watch you're talking about are probably Seiko 5s / 7S26 (or derivatives) movements, and are modest priced, but decent quality, and as you say, robust. Certainly a better quality movement than it's price point would imply.

They are Satan's work to adjust their accuracy, though, if you have to, or have just decided you've got far too much free time - and it wasn't really that far out but you just had to fiddle with it and couldn't leave it alone...

Back