The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Denon PMA-255UK amplifier for sale. As far as I can see it is in mint condition, has been barely used since I bought it new. No remote - never designed for one for better sound. Simple volume and bass/treble/balance adjustment plus a straight through button (which I tended to use).

Simple clean powerful sound, has served me well but I have to give in and get a remote AV amp for the new TV that'll be coming soon. I don't want to relegate it to the spare room or something where it'll never be used, it just wouldn't be fair.

Most expensive one sold on ebay recently went for £55 plus post but it wasn't in as good condition as mine.

So £50 collected... might be able to post but it depends on me finding a box that will safely transport this rather chunky beast, which might take a while!!

Still safely in the rack:

9c07a56a.jpg

All prices plus postage.

Harman Kardon HK630 £75

Harman Kardon HK630 amplifier for sale. Good condition and fully working apart from the headphone socket which seems to have a dry joint as does work if you hold the connection in one place.
Incredibly heavy and well made and comes with the remote control.

Yamaha TX-530 Tuner £15

Wonderful tuner in fantastic condition and full working order.

JPW Mini Monitor GOLD Speakers £30

Great condition cabinets In the Black Ash finish. Drivers are also in great condition

Attachments

• JPW Monitor Gold Front.jpg
    JPW Monitor Gold Front.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 4,658
  • Yamaha TX-530 Tuner.jpg
    Yamaha TX-530 Tuner.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4,658
  • Harman Kardon HK630 Front.jpg
    Harman Kardon HK630 Front.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4,658
For sale

Cambridge Audio S50 centre speaker. In good condition and full working order. At the heart of this new design lies twin, deceptively powerful, composite bass units. With their phase caps and long throw cones, they help the S50 deliver a strong, powerful soundstage with excellent front speaker integration.

Sensitivity: 87dB
Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20kHz
Nominal Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
Drive units: Tweeter: 1 x 25mm (1”)
Woofer: 2 x 90mm (3.5") mid/bass driver

Crossover: 2 way 2nd order
Recommended maximum amplifier power: 80 Watts
Ported: 2 Rear
Magnetically shielded: Yes
Dimensions (W x D x H): 117 x 430 x 220mm (inc. grill)
(4.6 x 16.9 x 8.7”)

Weight: 4.7kg (10.4lbs)

£60 posted

Tannoy SFX subwoofer. With a maximum power output of 100 watts the Tannoy SFX sub certainly isn't short of oomph. Yet, as you'd expect from a brand of such distinction, the sound is always well-controlled and cohesive when matched to a wide range of partnering speakers.A front-mounted port, compact cabinet and contemporary black finish. Pick up only or could be delivered but may cost a bit. £60

Bought anther pair today the rare model 1 as they were only £30 cheaper than the model 2 BITD every body bought the 2's
Now to find a pair of the electrostatic version again. :oops:

Howdy all, I'm trawling for a semi-decent DAB tuner to plug into my fairly basic amp (currently a Sherwood RD6103-R, although that might change), looking at Denons on evilbay, like such:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150866024104? ... 3655wt_947

If anyone has any advice or anything to sell I'm pretty green on this stuff so it's all appreciated! ;)

Cheers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Update, bit brain-dead last night :oops: This will much more likely end up getting added to a Denon F101 stack that I'm very fond of :)

apache":329dj2of said:
Will have to try those Jecklins one of these days. Never heard a pair.

Their is a pair of Model 2 on e-bay in pretty good condition. They are 'open' so the whole room hears the music as well. Detailed and plenty space is what i noticed from first listening.
The electrostatic version has excellent bass and will go to sound volume that will blow your head like the film 'scanners :LOL:
But 'hens teeth' Last pair i saw for sale was a year ago in 10/10 sold for 450 euros.
The new version Float electrostatic QA is 2150 euros and a waiting list. :cry:

elPedro666":3bq32475 said:
Howdy all, I'm trawling for a semi-decent DAB tuner to plug into my fairly basic amp (currently a Sherwood RD6103-R, although that might change), looking at Denons on evilbay, like such:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150866024104? ... 3655wt_947

If anyone has any advice or anything to sell I'm pretty green on this stuff so it's all appreciated! ;)

Cheers.

DAB is a terrible medium so in my personal opinion just about anything will do. The sound quality between FM and DAB is even noticeable on my wee mono Pure ONE Mi - which incidentally I picked up for a £1 at a carbootsale.

Yes, one pound, even came with a charger.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back