I9 wheels

Cyfa: Hope don't make rims but AFAIK neither do I9. Build either with your choice of rim.

And I own a few sets of Stan's 29er rims and I don't rate them as high as Mavic. Mavic I see as a manufacturer of rims of outstanding quality. Stan's to me is more marketing driven and I was quite disappointed with the finish of my first set of Arches 4-5 years ago. They should do a lot better at the price point.

That said, Stan does the marketing thing very well, Mavic and co. simply did not offer the mix of dimensions I was looking for in rims.

Enjoy!!

Get a set of Burgtec (Goldtec) hubs laced to some Stans rims.

I can vouch for the quality of the hubs - they're outstanding. Anything which is DH strong, XC light AND cheaper than a set of CKs is good in my book ;)

The guy on pinkbike i have spoken to who works at goldtec is running king hubs - he said only for a change. No other reason.
Sure maybe he would be a bit biased but it didnt seem that way - reckons they are some of the best on the market. I dont see any reason not to believe him. UK too.
I was recommended draco pro comps but could only afford the front for now but its a lovely piece of work.

Back