Big Dog 2012 - 4th August - tickets on sale now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any hints on the best place to stay on the Saturday night? Do you all head into town after for a beer?

Being fairly local Mark, I'm sorry I can't help as i go home!

I think TGR might be using the local Trusthouse Forté or some such..give him a poke.

As far as i know, most of the crowd head down into town after to the local brewery pub sponsor (DarkStar) I didn't lsat year as I didn't need alcohol to make me fall over..

Everyone heads to 'Fortune of War' on the seafront and makes a bike pile on the beach.
You used to get beer tokens for there, but they're fading that out.

Can't help on where to sleep. I always crash in the van.

There's loads of places to stay in Brighton, and the beers are on the beach, so I'd probably look there.

What sort of accommodation are you after and I'll ask about (Budget, boutique, something in-between?) I'd offer you my spare room, but it's already booked for that weekend!

Thanks for the replies chaps.
As it pans out, I'll be finishing the race then having to head off to Dover!
I'm driving to Nuremberg for work, and I'm on the midnight ferry :shock:
What I could really do with is a place to grab a shower after the race.
I don't fancy driving 630-odd miles smelling like someone who's just ridden for 3 hours :LOL:
Any swimming pools/leisure centres locally that I could use??

makster":s9bhm3o1 said:
Thanks for the replies chaps.
As it pans out, I'll be finishing the race then having to head off to Dover!
I'm driving to Nuremberg for work, and I'm on the midnight ferry :shock:
What I could really do with is a place to grab a shower after the race.
I don't fancy driving 630-odd miles smelling like someone who's just ridden for 3 hours :LOL:
Any swimming pools/leisure centres locally that I could use??

There's a lot of "Saunas" in Brighton of questionable repute you could use! They may charge extra for a shower though!! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back