MacRetro National Innerleithen. Chat thread.

As long as we have a clear planned route with a good estimate of distance that we are upfront about everything should be OK. Not knowing what your letting yourself in for is much more sapping of mental courage ;)

That looks way too clean for us :) does it have out door seating for the impending heat wave and sunshine?

Problem is everywhere else is in Selkirk and after wondering around by Google Street view there does not appear to be anywhere with outdoor seating that does food and has somewhere safe...ish to pile a load of bikes.
There is a snack bar around the corner from the Station hotel bar but that looks like a old mans spit a sawdust pub and does not seem to do food from my researches. The pub is on a culdesac though with a couple of tables outside and the snack bar may have good scran for scruffy mtb'rs, it'll need studied :?
Otherwise hanging about outside Gregs may be the answer if Selkirks got a Gregs.

There is one of those Baxters places in Selkirk down by the Belmont car garage that has a big cafe. Good food. Don't know how far it is from your intended route though velo.

Velo - pick you up at 9.15-ish tomorrow. Got a new (well old) car, so eyes peeled for silver Honda Civic.

K - see you at 10.

Rain - please stop.

Weathers looking good(ish) kinda. I'll bring me jacket anyway... 10 it is then. I should be Gregs'd up by then.

Latest posts

Back