What hi fi system you got ?

ferrus":d2w80row said:
are those top ones Wilsons?

cue: ''no, they were mine''

Yup.

Had these to power them:

krellfpb600pic1.jpg

I nearly bought one of those Krell's to use as an awesome CD transport, but laser replacements were getting scarce and I was scared. Shame -they were a brilliantly engineered bit o kit.

I like the Revox best tho' :p

Ooh hi-fi, most of it is marketing but good speakers go a long way to making a good sound when driven adequately.

Denon DVD-2910 for SACD-R playback.
Sony ST 920QS for Radio 2 and 4
Cambridge Audio Dacmagic for PC playback from PC optical out from Foobar
Project HeadBox for the Sennheiser HD565 Ovations
Cambridge Azur 640c CD player into DacMagic
Pioneer A300R
Philips CDR-870
Nakamichi DR-3
Rogers LS6A/2 Speakers using cheapest four core Ixos speaker cable.
Home made interconnects.
LG Monitor is there for DVD-A discs from the Denon or for Foobar playlists.

Total cost of gear less than £500 sound quality, very enjoyable.

Attachments

• P7070263.jpg
    P7070263.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 595
  • ls6a2.jpg
    ls6a2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 595
You could probably build a new A77 out of parts as so much is still available. Krell mech was a Philips CDM, unlikely to fail under normal circumstances.

My 'system' is now mostly from the tip as the rest has been sold to pay for holidays, kitchen, car etc.

Bose Accoustimass IV - from the tip

Denon AVR3805 - from the tip

Mission 753 - owned from new

Cambridge Audio Azure DVD - bought ages ago, naff but cant be bothered to replace it - funky remote

Prototype AV32R - unique build, none like it sold.

Am on the lookout for a decent power amp for the 753 as the Denon is simply awful for music.

LInn LP-12
Sima 2001
Sima 2050
Linn Kans

I took step back and downsized to that. Membership in the Amp of the Month club is too costly.

The people next door found a full Ion obelisk set up in a skip.....pre/power/mains box, and a pair of floor standing Epos speakers and all cables.

It does make me wonder what you get for £thousands£ of pounds ? I mean if you are playing the same CD how different can really high end kit make it sound, especially if the recording isa bit poor, studio's vary so much on how a final album/song sounds.

Come on LFG in your opinion how much better, or worth it is the difference between say a £5,000 set up and a £15-£20,000 set up.......heard in a standard size living room ? I've never heard really high end kit like you've had.

Latest posts

Back