Whyte PRST-1 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup there's a Leeds link, a city of nigh on a million population that I have not lived in for 7 years there's clearly a strong link there.

Im Feeling a little uncomfortable this week on rb, first time in my years here.

Ok, before any more knckers get twisted:

I replied to the guy's 1st thread, as (for me) it was a breath of fresh air that someone had the decency to be honest about their intentions. I offered a couple of bolts as a reward for this much overlooked honest streak.

So I spot this sale ad, and low-and-behold there's no bloody price and an ebay link. If you're gonna post, post properly, end of. So in a light hearted way, I made a comment about withdrawing my offer, to try and tie the two threads together.

Your immediacy to defend actions that others have had posts locked for, seemed a little out of character.

JeRkY":2am87srd said:
The chap took the advice that was offered, which you can't argue was wrong for his circumstance, .

ermm..yes I can..he said he had a whyte for sale..made no mention of an related ebay sale...therefore he was told price is a must and as he had joined to sell (again no mention of the ebay sale) he was directed to the 98 section with a link so no it was not wrong.

It is not my fault the new member from leeds decided to ignore the information on price and the year correct section and then went on a trawl for sale to later inform it was an ebay sale also...so yes I can argue the point and I would be correct

what crime? he was given info..ignored it an was corrected nothing more

I'm growing a bit tired, I think this is the second time I have been attacked in the trading area in the last week..

Talking bolloxs has that consequence

If I am usually talking bollox, please bring it to my attention...

I did and was happy to help you with that request

Wtf? There really is no need to be so rude sylus. Up here in scotland- when we feel like start a fight, we go out, get pissed and have a fight in a pub. Not very clever at all but a bit better than sniping like a big girls blouse on a forum.

I'm playing devils advocate here since despite what seems to be your belief I do not know (as far as I'm aware) this user. But as a newbie on a new forum you are unfamiliar. The guy didn't say it was an eBay sale, as I acknowledged earlier and your advice was useful, likewise acknowledged. How ever because of the miscommunication the user has ended up in the wrong place with the wrong thing.

So there it stands, to the op, please don't let the tragic derailment of this thread for which I am responsible put you off should you wish to stay around after all, the forum isn't that bad a place and in the time I've been here it's only in the last week I seem to have gained some sort of target on my head.

Peace to all

clockworkgazz":191omxex said:
Wtf? There really is no need to be so rude sylus. Up here in scotland- when we feel like start a fight, we go out, get pissed and have a fight in a pub. Not very clever at all but a bit better than sniping like a big girls blouse on a forum.

No fighting gazz..jerky talked bolloxs..and as he requested I informed him

As to the seller I have placed their sale in the correct section..always happy to help..even when wearing a girls blouse :LOL:

JeRkY":2mtbp8rn said:
I'm growing a bit tired, I think this is the second time I have been attacked in the trading area in the last week. If people have a problem with me please bring it to my attention. If I am usually talking bollox, please bring it to my attention. Although never meeting you stylus, I have an element of respect for you, not least for your relentless work in the eBay watch area, I'm saddenned that you think so little of me.

Nobody attacked you in the other thread
You took it upon yourself to take it that way
I made merely an observation without pointing fingers
It was a pretty broad brush

Now send me that rc500 to play with for a while wont you please ;) :cool:

G

Without having any pointed fingers I felt very picked out.

Essentially if any interesting pace pops up I am going to be interested in photos, as it happens my pace itch had already been scratched that week so even if there had been any underhand tactic in play, I both lacked the cash and space (which there wasn't, indeed I pointed the user needed a price in the advert in my post on the thread prior to pm ing a photo request to my email).

but hey the past is the past and perhaps I did misinterpret the post.

As for the RC500. Sorry, it's forming the main part of my wall art after finally getting its own floor to ceiling stand :twisted:

I see Retro Bike forums are the same as all internet forums, newbies get offers of help and advice from some quarters and a bullet between the eyes from others :) Let me comment before we have a virtual bar room brawl.
I was unaware of any firm price / other forum for ebay type rules so apologies on that. I stuck the PRST on ebay then posted the link on here and went out - checked back and realised some folks were getting upset.
I don't ride much these days and it was my brother in law (long time member I believe) who pointed me here and said there was renewed interest in the old Whytes. Being out of the game for a while I have no real idea of it's worth so that's why it's for auction, I saw a forum titled MTB for sale and jumped straight in!! I assumed the link was self explanatory as being ebay.
Anyway thank you to Sylus for reposting wherever it should have originally gone and can we all be friends again?
By the way is living in Leeds being held against me for some reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back