Mountain Mayhem 2012 - the Aftermath

NeilM":1jsb9bpf said:
kaiser":1jsb9bpf said:
7428523122_a3a2c85f09_c.jpg

That is THE most brilliant cycling photo EVER.

The guy in the suit. Is he from inland revenue having heard Jimmy Carr is riding?

Due to losing two team members from last year's RetroBIKE SouthEast team, I ran with my brother in law and a guy my remaining team mate knows from work. We took some retro bikes, one got left in the car (my DBR Axis) and the other on the turbo trainer to warm my brother-in-laws knees up. On our skanky modern bikes I thought we did ok, but I just checked the results - 18th in the sport men!

It gets better, my final lap was not logged, I have a photo of me crossing the finish line at 00:40:05, which actually means WE CAME 15TH! :shock: I have e-mailed the results people and have offered proof to see if we can get an amendment.

Sorry we intruded on the RetroBIKE area, I told my folks near RetroBIKE campsite, not in it. :roll: The music an atmosphere was really good. Thanks to John and everybody who organised things.

Splatter Paint.

Attachments

• IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 990
@splatterpaint

don't worry you weren't the only Intruder!! :LOL: we just didn't know who they were initially, when we realised they were for you no-one minded but initially we were thinking, hmm bit rude marking off an area inside our marked off area! then i saw you in your car and realised all was well with the world :D

15th (or 18th) amazing! :D

leonardo the ninja turtle has just found me on facebook!! :D :D

rider 1552 you look like you need some 1664! :LOL:

classic!! :LOL:

16 hours sleep and I am still knackered! Well done to everbody that attended, surely a classic event that will go down in RB history. Roll on next year - bigger and better.

Loved every minute of it and can't wait till next year.

Big thanks to spencer for the great beer, all the guys that helped push me out of the field Sunday morning and of course to JV as without him none of this would of happened.

My lad has already asked if he can come again next year so I'll have to get him in training so he can ride too. (At 15 I think he passed the alcohol training!)

Work permitting I hope to see you all soon :D

Chris.

Chapeau to all the riders for sticking at it in such awful conditions - it's been bad in patches in previous years but never dreadful right the way through the 24 hours and for the two preceding days.

The relentless good humour was impressive but the act of collective self-denial in avoiding historically inaccurate references to the Somme was something else. And DJ Edam opening his set on the Friday night with the Rebel MCs 'Street Tuff' showed all the pretenders that while "it isn't about the bike", the devil is in the detail and Lucifer certainly was prowled the Retrobike gazebo throughout.

A shame no-one managed to change the letters over on Mr K's Ritchey Rock Comp rims though......

Back