Calling All Orange C16R Owners

Yes it was taken last month. I'll sort out a few clearer pics for you. Nice to know she's appreciated :)

justbackdated":82w3gm13 said:
At last; that other blue C16R!! :D

Mrs JBDs little-un!

Nice ride Tim :) and great colours very patriotic as Neil said, nice to see something different to the normal array of Blacks, Greys, Orange/White fades :)

Something a little bit different - here are some pics of my C16-R taken in 1997.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,222
And here she is today, defaced by various uncaring repair jobs over the years. The worst things are those horrible V-Brake levers, followed closely by a 'Quando' rear hub. It has an ugly left crank, and needs a new headset. The seatpost and saddle have seen better days, but I want to replace with original Orange stock. But have you tried searching 'orange' on ebay? There is some incredible tat in the results - almost all of it orange in colour only.

Attachments

• orange 800.jpg
    orange 800.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,371
It is so cool that you have had it all that time. Do you still have the jersey?

This is the place to find parts; try putting an advert (or two) in the wanted section, I have managed to get a few tasty bits that were not advertised that way.

Actually, that was how I got the C16R frame for my daughter ;)

pstead":3uxjzoz0 said:
And here she is today, defaced by various uncaring repair jobs over the years. The worst things are those horrible V-Brake levers, followed closely by a 'Quando' rear hub. It has an ugly left crank, and needs a new headset. The seatpost and saddle have seen better days, but I want to replace with original Orange stock. But have you tried searching 'orange' on ebay? There is some incredible tat in the results - almost all of it orange in colour only.

Welcome to the club, as they say, great to see your bike and still looking good, don't fret about parts, all can be sourced here by placing a wanted add on the forum, many friendly people here, always willing to help out, a starting point for a great cheap 1" headset would be Chain Reaction Cycles who will take a tenner off your hands for a nice Ritchey Logic one :) the rest be it Shimano LX or STX RC or even XT can be sourced at good prices on this forum. Any help ping us a message :D and once again welcome, stay a while, browse the forum and be prepared for it to become an addiction lol

Back