The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

good grief!

2483622505_ac0a53dd68_o.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've got an early '80's WM3 with "hotline", leather case, Sony supplementary battery case etc but it's needing a new belt. Removed cover thinking I could swap the belt but way too complicated for my poor brain. Great sound quality before the belt started slipping. Got one of those in your collection?

dfsdf

jimbo-xc":2x7qxqip said:
I've got an early '80's WM3 with "hotline", leather case, Sony supplementary battery case etc but it's needing a new belt. Removed cover thinking I could swap the belt but way too complicated for my poor brain. Great sound quality before the belt started slipping. Got one of those in your collection?

The belt change on the WM-3 is relatively easy but I know what you mean. WM-3 is based on the TPS-L2 which was the first ever walkman. You might have seen it on Stephen Fry's top 100 gadgets, the walkman used on the show was actually one from my collection (boast, boast).

I have this NOS WM-3......

2489173282_cd505c7ee4_o.jpg

Just got me one of these from a car boot sale:

memphis_sqr88.jpg

Very sort after and collectable! Might use it in the Merc despite being worth almost as much as the car.

How much better are new CD players compared to the vintage models? I was in my local hi-fi shop and saw a nice Marantz player for £310. I can buy a once top of the range MicroMega or Meridian 200 series on the bay for that money which cost £1000+ BITD

Back