Trails and Tribulations of a team Mechanic.

It is hard work, up at seven, ready the bikes, eat a quick breakfast, in the chase-car, wash the bikes and repair whats broken + fit new tubes. If your lucky you are finished around nine at night. But your get the best "seats" to the race, right in the action.

I'm not a fan of modern bikes but it's interesting that the bikes have what look like traditional amberwall tubulars that would look at home on bikes from 30, 40 years.

fiks":4dayw1ka said:
I'm not a fan of modern bikes but it's interesting that the bikes have what look like traditional amberwall tubulars that would look at home on bikes from 30, 40 years.

Tubes used are Vittoria Corsa CX amber wall, so yes some old school content in a modern race team.
I´ll know tomorrow if I get to go to Serbia. Thanks for the remarks on my report, willl try to get more in to the work of a mec. if I get the chance.

Here you got me back, after a long wet and cool summer (I guess England and Denmark swapped weather this summer) I did not get to go on any more trips with Team Christina Watches, but are now on another team as mec. The team is a develop team for U23 riders, and a continental team. Name: Team Designa Køkken (køkken = kitchen) Knudsgaard http://www.xn--designakkkenknudsgaard-djc.dk/fotogalleri.html
The team primarily rides races in Denmark, but in September we go to Belgium and October takes us all the way to Brazil. More reports will follow...

Keep the reports coming.....I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see more from the inside workings of a race team!

So guys, at last i got some time to report on some races. This Weekend the Team rides two races of the September Cup. I´ll write up a report after each race if time and energy allows, or give a summery on Monday. The "old Team" Christina Watches, are in China, where it seems they will return to Denmark with the Yellow jersey.

016_yellow_600.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-of-china-2012

Back