The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

tintin40":pam0vq5g said:
apache":pam0vq5g said:
Hard to say really. Many separate's headphone output is nothing more than a monitor output and can sound rubbish as they can be very low powered.

If you don't have an amp to try it through, you've now way of knowing whether it sounds terrible because of a fault though. Can you not borrow an amp and speakers to try it first?

Non to borrow. Have been looking on ebay for good low cost amp. About time i bought a decent separates hi-fi. Then i can buy more CD's as only have one at the moment :oops:

I have a few cheeky amps if you dont want to blow any budgets

legrandefromage":14cq3546 said:
I have a few cheeky amps if you dont want to blow any budgets

Thanks for the offer. All sorted now. The problem was the headphone plug didn't fit correctly. I've have a better one now. The sound i'm very happy with. I've also bought a vintage Marantz PM-310 amp in gold finish for £40. I had one when i was 15. It was my first separate amp. Next speakers?
Oh and buy some CD's :LOL:

Cheeky amps? Never heard of those. Chinese? ;)

I have a couple of Leak Stereo 30's here - think I'll open one up and have a shufty...

Any body know a good site to find manuals for vintage hi-fi?? Having a nightmare looking

apache":3gvehtkz said:
What do you need? I frequent a number of 'geeky nerdy' hifi tech sites.

The instructions for the Sony & Technics players in the above pictures. I found one but downloaded the wrong model and they didn't have my model.
Some of the download sites look iffy?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
my bits

i have the following kit surplus. happy to do swaps etc.

all my stuff is in , at least, very good condition. and perfect working order goes without saying.

2 dacs.

monarchy audio 22 and d.i.p add on. £250
xindac dac8 tube and solid state with remote and spare valves £350

amp.

sony strda1200es 7.1 hdmi with room setup mic, manual, remote etc. silver £130.

marantz pm84mk2. very rare and in rare condition too £225.

meridian 501pre
meridian 506.20 cd
msr remote. £600

meridian 541 with mm phono fitted plus msr £300.

up for swaps trades for bikey stuff or other audio gear.

Back