Using Alfine Hub with dual ring Chainset?

I knew I'd seen something cheaper:
17426.jpg

£14 from SJS.
Should be able to fit that under the QR skewer, or the axle bolt.

You'd then be able to fit a stopped derailleur, or a Rohloff tensioner to take up the slack when you're on the small ring.
2993-6568-main-rohlofftensioner-184.jpg

Fit a front derailleur and double chainset, might need a cable stop for the front gear outer, maybe a double cable guide for under the BB?

All this rather defeats the idea of a nice, clean IGH bike though, don't you think?

Man up, gear down or use the 11 speed Alfine is my answer ;)

danson67":2risgtvp said:
I knew I'd seen something cheaper:
17426.jpg

£14 from SJS.
Should be able to fit that under the QR skewer, or the axle bolt.

You'd then be able to fit a stopped derailleur, or a Rohloff tensioner to take up the slack when you're on the small ring.
2993-6568-main-rohlofftensioner-184.jpg

Fit a front derailleur and double chainset, might need a cable stop for the front gear outer, maybe a double cable guide for under the BB?

Thanks for that, I had seen the shimano SIS type on ebay but thats nicer.

I've got a cable guide, just the rest :)

Andy R":3n9v5vep said:
All this rather defeats the idea of a nice, clean IGH bike though, don't you think?

Man up, gear down or use the 11 speed Alfine is my answer ;)

A double chainset will be cheaper than a change to Alfine 11

You tell your missus to man up :) lol tbh was my first response but prefer to help if I can

unkleGsif":3n9v5vep said:
Andy R":3n9v5vep said:

Ditto

G

I didn't buy the bike based on "nice, clean IGH" so im not too fused about changing the appearance. Can always be put back to standard in the future

That Rohloff one is pretty pricey, too £55.

Have a look for the Sturmey one:
chst-cts80-tensioners.jpg

£26 here, $30 from States...

All the best,

Latest posts

Back