Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

Or looking at the temperatures just leave it outside the front door. If possible best to leave buying it until aviemore/inverness to avoid it sitting next to gazz's ass for 5 hours.

The Ken":31ahm2g0 said:
Dannyboy to Mother Goose, package delivered.
PM me your paypal and I'll sort out the postage cost.
Over and Out.

The rear shock is a Marin branded Shockworks MonoShock and looks not dissimilar to the type found on a Tesco bike :) . I have the spring tension to play with but nothing else I can see.

I did a bit more research on the Marin Shoreline trail - it was a pretty low spec bike so the rear shock makes sense and the forks I have put on (a very budget rockshock) are a bit of an upgrade over the originals.

Its Marin Mount Vision(s) Ive got and their all equipped with Fox Vanilla R shocks, and they have a little red knob with fast/slow written on it for rebound. Don't be to quick in writing off the Marin's till you get it set up proper like ;)

The Ken":2tg39e56 said:
Or looking at the temperatures just leave it outside the front door. If possible best to leave buying it until aviemore/inverness to avoid it sitting next to gazz's ass for 5 hours.

It always comes back to my ass with you TK ;)

Right G and Gmac, youse can bring a couple of cds, nae pish though. What bikes are you bringing? Any ideas for somewhere to eat on the way up? Fort Bill mibee?Anything else?

So its:

Sleeping bag
Towels
Padlock
Some scran.

velomaniac":3ct4oyk8 said:
Note to Kaiser:
I have obtained old school unicrown U-Brake forks and will bring to Torridon. They're nice and skinny just like the spinner forks you'll see on my 88 Bridgestone but not as quality ;)
Final Bridgestone fettle tonight and I'm good to go :D

Velo your a star :D

Get the scran at fort bill and we can get a micky dees. I will be surly surfing this weekend. You get a phone yet as Im sure you will not be able to find my work the morra?

Xtr chainset, spare tyres and earplugs.

Surly

Good to see you converted to the Surly way of life Gaz :D
So, what time is everyone planning on arriving?
And also the following questions as I cant be arsed reading back through all these pages ;)
Who's coming?
Whats everyone riding?

Jamie

ok based on " The fully equipped kitchen with large range cooker has everything your need to prepare meals for yourself.." straight from the website, i now not going to bring a fridge and frying pan :D

what are CDs? :eek: F' me, i'm going to have to go back into the loft

Fort Bill ??? wait and i'll check..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-17797231 aye the road's opened again 3 days ago

Looking forward to seeing it gmac, remember to bring a spare inner kaiser if your big hooping it.

We could swap the surlys jamie, will make a great picture. What was the damage for the bunkhouse?

Back