AFAN Retrobike Ride - 23rd Feb !!

Wu-Tangled":1n0s2o8j said:
Everyone's patience for my faffing, clothing changes and even mid ride stem height changes (always carry spare stem stackers). :oops:

Changing stem height mid ride? Words fail me

What's the next step, thoroughly degreasing the chain and changing lube mid ride? Or perhaps fitting a 1mm shoter b/b to get the Q factor just so?

Attention to detail is everything

orange71":2877pkh1 said:
Is it my imagination or is that Tony wearing....a helmet :shock:

:D Kept what hair I've got left clean and dry :LOL: :LOL:
And 'Lid' is a demon mtber. Should take up racing. :cool:
I enjoyed this area more than the 'peaks'

Ah, tintin wrote "And 'Lid' is a demon mtber. Should take up racing."
Lid is team B's secret weapon for MM ;) If he was that quick around
Afan on a rigid bike, just think how quick he will be around MM :D

Guys thank you for such a wicked and enjoyable 1st every ride in Wales! :D

I think most of the funny comments have been mentioned for the weekend but i agree on every one of them.
Feeling a litttle achy this morning, but can't imagin what it must have been like on full ridged!

I think my favorite moment of the weekend has to have been the look on the young bunch at the top of the downhill. Dressed in full armor, 7 inches all round, ready to blast down the hill, and who turns up but the retro group looking like we'd struggle to get round the local park let alone down the mountain side of Afan, classic!

Once again great ride, can't wait till the summer!!

Tony Keep an eye out for that duck board!! :)

gump":2p00vcqo said:
Nice pic Kev!
If you look carfully, you can see a nice smooth TT on that Rocky ;)

yes - that Rocky has a flawless top tube in that picture!
The DBR has been put in the naughty shed and told not to come out until it learns to play nicely with other bikes!
Sorry again mate :oops: :oops:

ededwards":26d26w2k said:
Wu-Tangled":26d26w2k said:
Everyone's patience for my faffing, clothing changes and even mid ride stem height changes (always carry spare stem stackers). :oops:

What's the next step, thoroughly degreasing the chain and changing lube mid ride? Or perhaps fitting a 1mm shoter b/b to get the Q factor just so?

I think you may has just given him ideas Ed. Thanks - now HONC will take two days! :LOL:

Casualty of Afan...

The tension rod of my V's broke at some point and I rode a good part of that ride (and all the downhill) with a permanently attached rear brake. (*Thought I could hear something rubbing - :roll: ). So on closer inspection post ride I found it to have, a) no pad left and b) a fair amount of ceramic coating eaten.

:cry:

(and the other side was worse. :shock: (but I'd put the camera away by then. ) :roll:

Great ride mind.

:D

Attachments

• Ceramic01.jpg
    Ceramic01.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,644
  • Ceramic02.jpg
    Ceramic02.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,642
  • Ceramic03.jpg
    Ceramic03.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,641
  • Ceramic04.jpg
    Ceramic04.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,637
MadCowKev":2dmcxqhe said:
ededwards":2dmcxqhe said:
Wu-Tangled":2dmcxqhe said:

I think you may has just given him ideas Ed. Thanks - now HONC will take two days! :LOL:

I have been known to change tyres mid ride. :roll: But I will admit the stem was a bridge too far. I had set it up as high as poss to make the FEAR go away on the downhills, But it made the FEAR come back everywhere else. Was like steering a bus. Sio I dropped a 2mm stacker out and it was all perfect. Not all in my mind or anything. 2mm really did make a huge difference.

:LOL:

Back