Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

I only found this thread (and brilliant site) about a week ago and imediately felt compelled to buy a 1992 (I reckon) black Saracen Limited Edition off ebay which I think is Sahara with a mix of random components (altus crank :? ). Should be here on by the weekend can't wait to relive my mispent youth, which was mainly cycling around local quarries on my Sahara!

Attachments

• SaracenLTDED.jpg
    SaracenLTDED.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 624
Decals

My limited edition arrived and it is in really good nick, fitted a period exage LT crank (needed removable chainrings), new chain and grips. The bike has gumwall Ritchey megabites which are currently inflated but look ready to pop though old age, may need to carry a foldable spare tyre.

I want to replicate the decals while they still look good, anyone know what fonts Saracen used around 1992 - 1994, especially for the main Saracen text logo?

Re: Decals

crossen":1ra9ddr3 said:
My limited edition arrived and it is in really good nick, fitted a period exage LT crank (needed removable chainrings), new chain and grips. The bike has gumwall Ritchey megabites which are currently inflated but look ready to pop though old age, may need to carry a foldable spare tyre.

I want to replicate the decals while they still look good, anyone know what fonts Saracen used around 1992 - 1994, especially for the main Saracen text logo?

try Gil M on here, search for him... he did a great job on some 1997 Saracen decals for me and his work adorns many restorations of other lovely RBers bikes...

also random NOS stem find for Saracen restorers (too modern for your I know):

http://www.markscyclerepairs.com/shop/i ... ductId=132

My effort shes a work in progress and probably will be for ever, who ever stops tinkering and swaping parts around?
SAM_2029.jpg

SAM_2026.jpg

Not period correct and prolly never will be. But will fit what I like just like my super duper thumbies :p

These are going to be replaced asap.

If it had the ritchey one on it it would have stayed on it :) . Its not a kili racer its a runout edition called a race elite came with mainly altus stuff and a zoom stem :( Did have an lx f mech and dx hubs tho :D

Back