The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

2 HB-M563 LX front hubs
Power Grips
Inner chain ring bolts
2 Mavic XM 719 32h
White Industries Tracker F&R hubset

The last 2 weeks of stuff actually.

The king of BS0 bicycles - the Raleigh Max. The red one with alivio and stx-rc... plus a ladies claude butler 700c with near unused Tioga bloodhound tyres.

A pair of those flappy XT mtb brake shifter combos that Shimano have now given up on with front hydraulic brake caliper and rotor for nowt. Just have them says my neighbour, cant abide them he says which is probably with good reason but I'm happy to try iffy new tech for the magic zero expenditure :D

1 XT thumbie again from the boot sale

why do i bother should've left it there going to play on my mind constantly till i find it a mate now :roll:

Tip finds yesterday:

A pair of Wolber AT18s with Farmer John's Nephews in good nick.

3/4 year old Carrera Kraken frame inc. BB, chain set, seatpost & saddle plus Alivio rear mech - no damage at all other than a few scratches

The Wolbers have been given to a friend for his Trek 7000, the Kraken will be built up and sold on eBay to fund other stuff.

There were three other bikes in the skip, but they were under other stuff so couldn't be retrieved. I pass the tip a few times a week and occasionally pop in to see if there's anything of interest - my wife tries to hide her face when I do :roll:

Pulled a modern GT bravado minus forks & front wheel out of local brook today but left it there don't know if it's worth owt?

A pair of Turquise ringle holeys !

Tc

L(ish)BS on Sat......had 40 NOS XT rear hubs in a bucket(!)....bought 4 and sold 3 on here to fund one of my own :)

A 1993 Kona Fire Mountain frameset with stuck seat post for servicing a mates bike. Seat post will cost £10 to remove by local eng co (used them before ;) ). So thats my next project :D

Back