The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Offered for sale:

A&R Cambridge (ARCAM) A60 amplifier and matching T21 tuner.

Both in good cosmetic condition. Tuner works flawlessly, amplifier has sticky source buttons but all of the pots are quiet with no rustling or tweeter damaging pops & crackles.

5 pin DIN inputs.

£40 UK Posted for the Tuner and £55 for the Amplifier

£75 inc UK P&P for the pair.

Interweb pic:

PB181028.jpg

That looks cool :cool: I never realised A&R Cambridge became Arcam. Seems obvious when you look at it :LOL:

I have an Alpha 9 cd through Alpha 9 pre into Alpha 10 power. Its lovely still after over 10 years.

Keep dreaming of adding a 2nd Alpha 10p but they run up to and over £300 on ebay!

They were just becoming Arcam in 1984 - 1985 when I worked there with the first Arcam Alpha amps in the horrible molded plastic cases... Still it brought A&R to the masses. Really wish I'd bought the C200 / SA200 combo when I worked there as I got 40% discount. I remember them being massively complex though, particularly the pre-amp.

22[1].jpg

Almost tempted to offer my Arcam 9 for that A60 + cash... :)[/img]

Just bought a Rega Planar 3 for a bit of a bargain price which needs arm wiring repairing.

Win - win! A nice retro deck I've always liked, AND it's a project! :LOL:

Buy the grey coloured drive belts! The one I bought from LGF was playing too slow until I did..... Now it's just lovely.

Both my Cambridge Audio A300 amps have given up the ghost

One only gets sound from one speaker, the other amp is really, really quiet - barely audible at max volume

Are they worth repairing or is there anything similar in the LGF cave?

Latest posts

Back