Wanted - 10 speed Campag Cassette for Mavic wheels.

That's a good price for the Mavic cassette. I've used a couple of them.

Mavic made wheels with three different freehubs - a campag, a shimano and their own m10 (I think they called it that). The campag and the m10 were the same width but the shimano freehub was about 3mm narrower. 10 speed campag and mavic cassettes are wider than the old shimano freehubs. A mavic cassette will only fit on an m10 freehub and will not fit on a shimano.

The clever thing about the ambrosio 10 speed campag spaced/shimano splined cassettes is that the big sprocket is indented so that it will fit on a shimano freehub. Phew. I hope that makes sense.

In a nutshell if you an m10 the mavic cassette will be fine but if you have a shimano you will need an ambrosio cassette to run campag spaced 10 speed.

Sorry, Pondlife...the Mavic sprockets don't really fit a proper Shimano freehub.

The sprockets will slide on to the Shimano body OK, but it's just too short to run the full set.
It is possible to run 8 sprockets at 9spd spacing (or 9 at 10spd) if you put a spacer behind the Mavic sprockets.

If you've definitely got a Shimano spec freehub, the Ambrosio cassette that Wynne offered will work just fine.

If you're not sure if your freehub body is Shimano or Mavic M10...
Shimano spline (L) has a large/small key spline, the Mavic (R) has all even splines. This means that you can't fit Shimano spec sprockets on a Mavic M10 body, either :x

IMG_0367-1.jpg
IMG_0366.jpg

All the best,

Wynne:
used them on my old heliums before the rim wore out and I couldn't replace it.
I've got a 28hole never built up NOS Helium rear rim if you still have the rest of the bits :D

All the best,

Wynne
do we have any decision/conclusion on the status of the ambrosio cassettes please.... I'm waiting ... the 12-25 prefererably
cheers

Back