thursday afternoon metal/rock/nuschool/thrash thread

SSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the most brutal gigs ever. love em. weird as i have seen em about 3 times, well been there, dont recall much. doubly weird as i dont own a single one of their albums.

Never had you pinned as a metal fan, Warpedboy!

Seeing as we are playing a few classics, here is some Emperor for your ears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4rmY6bTSk

(I accept no responsibility for whether this is a good quality version on YouTube, I am linking this from my work computer and we aren't allowed to have to sound on to try it. I would if I had an actual office of my own, but I am in the bullpen!)

Yes, loved metal since I was a kid.

Saw Metallica in 87 two weeks before Cliff died. (I was 14 and it was my first ever gig!)

Probably seen Slayer live 15-20 times over the years. Not seen 'em for about 15 years now, but hopefuly seeing them in london this year (with Sleep, and Wolves in the Throne Room)

Oh, and thanks for the Emporer :D

I have seen Slayer once, saw Metallica at the Sonisphere in 2010 too.

If you get ticket for Slayer in London, I could be very interested in going too if thats ok! Just let me know :)

No problem with Emperor, I would love to have seen them live. I did see Zyklon though, which is Trym and Samoth from Emperor, so probably as close as I will get!

Last gig was Machine Head, with support from Bring Me The Horizon and Devildriver, awesome show! Before that was Black Stone Cherry. Befor that, quite a while ago, was Sick of it All, supported by Madball, Knuckledust and one other that I forget now.

Need to get some proper ear plugs though, the ears are starting to show signs of struggling with the after effects of gigs :(

It's all about Slayer.Llegendary.

Saw them over in Wales a couple of years ago and they've still got it :D

Back