Roberts 1994 Argos Respray Frame & Record Titanium Group

Hunterlar":10b0mjiw said:
Definitely over a grand but worth it :)

I've got to sit down and work out the build cost for mine soon for insurance purposes but the trouble is the wife will then find out :LOL:
My little brother in law has a new £800 specialized road bike and the difference between that and these 'old' steel bikes is amazing. I'm not going to say what i think of these new alloy/carbon bikes in case he see's this post :LOL:

Have you had a ride yet or is it to keep unused & nos (I'd be too scared with all that nos stuff and my luck !)

that's my kind of bike, love the repaint aswel, very cool bike and rthe choice of parts is exactly what i would choose

:cool:

Roberts

Hunterlar said:
@orbeas. The rear brake cable has to run on the driveside before looping back to the non driveside to go into the rear brake. Hence why it seems so long, it needs to be for the braking to be smooth. Not sure why roberts put the cable guides on the driveside to be honest.

And the saddle doesn't look level because the ground is sloping. :)

He will have put the cable stops to match the brake calipers that were to be used, which would have a right hand stop and adjuster. not like the campag ones fitted. I would think that the frame would have had open brake cables with the right hand lever going direct to the right side of the top tube..

roberts

Hunterlar":156f42de said:
@orbeas. The rear brake cable has to run on the driveside before looping back to the non driveside to go into the rear brake. Hence why it seems so long, it needs to be for the braking to be smooth. Not sure why roberts put the cable guides on the driveside to be honest.

And the saddle doesn't look level because the ground is sloping. :)

Have you put a spirit level on that saddle ??? definate not parrallel with the top tube !!!

I haven't dared ride it yet. I still need to pick up the courage, scared of crashing it. But what's the point of it hanging as wall decoration, bikes need to be ridden!

Not sure about total weight, haven't got any scales!

Pretty sure the saddle looks level :)

There's a major, irreconcilable flaw with this build - it's not mine.......

I used to live just round the corner from Chas Roberts' shop when he was in South Norwood (for them as knows the area, he was in Penge Road, I was in Haysleigh Gardens) and most days I would walk by the shop with a thin dribble of drool running down my chin. I've wanted a Roberts ever since and came across a 531c frame very cheaply last year but it was miles too small. However, it fitted my wife and much to my disgust she now rides round on a beautiful red Roberts with almost full DA groupset. I turn green every time we go out for a ride!

In truth, a gorgeous build but I'm not keen on the Shamals as the deep rims give a slightly unbalanced look to the bike, but that's just nit-pickin'.

Gordon

Back