Retro Road Rides - any interest?

ededwards":r3p36uyk said:
Just wondering whether there is amy interest in some retro road rides in 2012? Not thinking anything too ambitious, perhaps target an early and late season sportive plus the Herefordshire Road Ride in July - but is there a critical mass or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thoughts/suggestions would be more than welcome.

You would be more than welcome to run something from the brewery. Could get 40 - 50 miles (more at a push) of mostly country / rural lanes in comfortably, plus as one very old timer kindly pointed out to me recently 'young man, there are NO hills in Warwickshire' :LOL:

I'd be glad to help with any organising as well. The only restrictions on dates would be May is already a write off!

Karl

grumpycommuter":4qbczn58 said:
ededwards":4qbczn58 said:
Just wondering whether there is amy interest in some retro road rides in 2012? Not thinking anything too ambitious, perhaps target an early and late season sportive plus the Herefordshire Road Ride in July - but is there a critical mass or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thoughts/suggestions would be more than welcome.

You would be more than welcome to run something from the brewery. Could get 40 - 50 miles (more at a push) of mostly country / rural lanes in comfortably, plus as one very old timer kindly pointed out to me recently 'young man, there are NO hills in Warwickshire' :LOL:

I'd be glad to help with any organising as well. The only restrictions on dates would be May is already a write off!

Karl

That sounds great Karl, I'll be in touch and let's see if we can sort out a date.

Cheers

Ed

Goldie":1vyvnyfz said:
vivelesalpes":1vyvnyfz said:
Doing the Tom Simpson Memorial Ride on Feb 26th. Ideal for older 'higher' geared bikes as it's fairly flat.

http://www.dinningtonrc.co.uk/

That's pretty close to my mum and dads' in the mighty Sheffield - can anyone roll up and join in? I could be tempted...

Same day as the possible 'Old Skool' 10 at Brotherton. I don't see many 'classic' bikes in the field of riders and, knowing some of the faces on show in 2011 at least, it'll be pretty fierce out on the road!

Goldie":94odr315 said:
vivelesalpes":94odr315 said:
Doing the Tom Simpson Memorial Ride on Feb 26th. Ideal for older 'higher' geared bikes as it's fairly flat.

That's pretty close to my mum and dads' in the mighty Sheffield - can anyone roll up and join in? I could be tempted...
no doubt our club will send a contingent again, I might be tempted myself, but it would be on modern bike. If you fancy it, you could ride out with our club from the centre of sheffield - they'll more than look after you, whether I'm there or not. But riding there and back plus the tommy itself is a 100 miler. I'll confirm if anyone is riding later

pigman":7kgfrsfh said:
Goldie":7kgfrsfh said:
vivelesalpes":7kgfrsfh said:

no doubt our club will send a contingent again, I might be tempted myself, but it would be on modern bike. If you fancy it, you could ride out with our club from the centre of sheffield - they'll more than look after you, whether I'm there or not. But riding there and back plus the tommy itself is a 100 miler. I'll confirm if anyone is riding later

I think there's rumours that one or two from La Squadra doing it. If the roads look a bit grubby, I'll be on my new bike. If it's nice it will be on an old one.

I'm driving over as my wifes dad was from Harworth and went to school with Tom Simpson, so she wants a nozy around the 'museum'. (Plus she wants to go to the Yorkshire Outlet which I think is the real reason)

Back