Suss Forks Choice

Fox! No brainer bud. That said there's some Mavericks that I'm running at the mo on evilbay for £250 including the wheel. I'd say deal!!! 120/90mm travel.
They are stunning to look at, and almost as good as the Fox's I've had before :)

suburbanreuben":308ht34p said:
What exactly is so great about Foxes?
They are just a great all rounder. I've never had an issue with any. They are super plush, easy to set up, erm the hammerite of forks?! I've had Maguras which where light & stiff, Rockshox which leaked air and flexed, Pace which blew seals mid ride, almost every ride and Manitous which I don't think ever worked :oops:
I love the Mavericks I've got now, but I still keep my eye out for a set of 100mm Fox because they are just so predictably good. Oh apart from the paint on them being sh#t! Last on average 2 rides :LOL:

Another vote for Magura. Such a criminally under rated fork. Super light, really stiff with that double arch brace, very plush and typical Germanic reliability. I've had a pair of 140 Thors on my Cotic for 2 and a half years now and despite serious abuse they still look brand new, have no bushings or stantion wear and have yet to have a service.

The UK obsession with Fox and Rockshox means that they are a bargain second hand. If you can find one that is, as there isn't many about.

My second choice would be a Marzzochi. Avoid anything from late 2007-early 2010 as there were some woeful reliability issues with the TST valving, but they really have got back on form now.

Si

I would second (third or forth?) the reba suggestion sounds just about right for what your looking for. Although SID's aren't meant to be as flexy as they were and think Magura's look great and sound (review wise) like they are great forks.

Personally I would steer well clear of Fox, too much bother to keep going and not that reliable in my experience although MOJO seem like good people to deal with, from my one experience. I would just rather have a reba and be able to ride more often!

Picking up on the Fox, I'm kinda liking the Terralogic version. I've only rode a few Modern bikes & has been plenty times where I left the fork locked up as I was concentrating too much staying upright!...A fit & forget could be a good solution unless there are benefits I'm missing at having adjustable lock out via the fork or a remote?...

Back