9:Zero:7 Fat Bike

i have those same pedals sat here waiting to go on my moonlander :cool:

how you enjoying the fat life? :LOL:

saltyman":3q9qd3bo said:
i have those same pedals sat here waiting to go on my moonlander :cool:

how you enjoying the fat life? :LOL:

I'm loving it mate :D . I'm still getting used to it but enjoying it more each ride. I could really feel the weight and the drag of the tyres on the first few rides but I don't notice it at all now. Its a bit like riding full suspension for the first time when all you feel is energy being wasted bouncing up and down, but then you adapt your riding style a bit and start to reap the benefits :LOL: . I was a bit concerned that a fat bike might be too focused for anything other than very soft conditions but I've been using it for all my riding since I got it, road and off-road and my other two mtb's have been collecting dust.

That's exactly how people take them at first, I sold my mukluk,early on after a handful of rides, eventually I missed it so much I had to get the pug.

I'd say they ride easier than a full suspension, and you soon realise they can be used for absolutely everything, I even use mine for town rides and cardio work!

Current one hasn't seen snow but I realised it's potential in soft sand, mud and gravel this autumn.

Re: zero

samsbike":l8ep3xlv said:
looks amazing, wish I had the skill and knowledge to build something like that

Paying for it would be far harder than putting it together...........

slope":3cspawrl said:
That bad boy is close to making my Evil Imperial look wimpy. :LOL:

How about a fat bike custom made and designed around a Evil Soverign then -

bigstickel.jpg

Full details here :cool: :cool: :cool:

The postman came bearing gifts today :D

20120106-P1010931.jpg

The two tubes have saved a total of 320g or 0.7lbs of rotating mass :cool: . I also weighed the each tyre while they were off and got 1510 and 1460g's, a bit lighter than the 1760g the official blurb claims....

The bars are Salsa Bend 2's with a 17deg sweep. I found the 25 degree sweep of the Ragleys a bit too extreme and then I started getting pins and needles in my little finger. I like the idea of a bit more sweep than normal bars and the Salsa's feel perfect after a short spin to the shops and back. Hopefully I'll get out for a proper ride tomorrow, weather permitting.....

Pictured with the Ragleys -

20120106-P1010933.jpg

The other thing in the pics is a Bender Fender. I've got it fitted to the front of the fork for the winter gloop but I might move it to the seat stays in the summer and ditch the ugly rear crud guard.

20120106-P1010936.jpg

Staying clean on a fatbike is hard to do, they don't half kick up some muck!

My nates came in at 1420g and 1500g, much lighter than larrys and endos, endos being almost 1800g!!!!

Its been a while since I've updated this....

So I'm now into my 5th month of fat bike ownership and its fair to say the honeymoon period is now over. I was going to write about how much I love this bike and repeat all the things you have probably already heard about how much fun these bikes are, but the bottom line is that in the past five months it is the only bike I've ridden bar one road ride on my Pace. I keep looking at my Pace and Ibis Mojo sitting there and thinking how awesome they are and then grab the 907 and go for a ride :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . Right now its my do everything bike and I never expected that, especially with the tyres that are fitted.

Since the last pics were taken I've swapped the 90mm stem for 70mm, changed the Flite for a Charge Spoon and ditched the trigger shifters for Sram TT500 bar end shifters on Pauls thumbie mounts. No more upgrades are planned until Fox and RockShox etc start offering fat suspension forks :cool:

20120401-P1020153.jpg

20120401-P1020154.jpg

20120401-P1020149.jpg

20120401-P1020157.jpg

20120326-P1020076-1.jpg

Back