The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

legrandefromage":x2ejm45a said:
"...It let our kit produce sharp, detailed images. Colour was natural with convincing skin tones, while sonically this mains lead gave our setup a wide, revealing sound ... "

;)

I'd be asking why a properly designed power supply would be sensitive to supply cables.

It's bullshit, plain and simple. Still, send me some of your cable, I'll be happy to fit non-magnetic unobtanium plugs to it and take money from pillocks :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm looking to replace my tired Bose phones that I picked up in the States many moons ago. Found some Stax electrostatics on eBay a bit back but they went for utterly ridiculous money!

tintin40":3sojg9lp said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magneplanar-Magnepan-MG3-3R-3-Way-Planar-Magnetic-Loudspeaker-/180776850535?pt=UK_AudioVideoElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item2a1723d467#ht_500wt_1366

Would love these

From memory (so could be wildly inaccurate!), these are almost a short circuit load on amplifiers so you need huuuuge amplifiers with massive current to get them going.

So I was told...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":3qwj7jws said:
From memory (so could be wildly inaccurate!), these are almost a short circuit load on amplifiers so you need huuuuge amplifiers with massive current to get them going.

So I was told...

Correct. These would be amp killers. I had their cheapest speaker and they worked excellent in my small room with mono blocks..

But one or more these would be perfect

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KRELL-FPB-300 ... 231560dcb2

Back