My 19.5" old Curly (Vibrant Triangle) Hetchins.

Any chance of a couple of 'teaser' shots of yours, Roadking?

What colour are you going for?

Mine is the original Ruby Flam with gold headtube and seatube bands, with gold lug lining and the original owner's name in gold hand caligraphy script on the toptube......it has some scrapes and chips to the paintwork, but I love it as it is and because of the caligraphy on the toptube, could never consider getting it restored........It has a strange mix of parts too, having been bought as a frame and fork only for the OG owner's 15th birthday, before being built up from the remains of a Colnago Mexico!...It therefore has some Colnago Panto'd parts that although don't really 'fit', I think they have to stay with the bike...........I'm sentimental like that!

I hope the other one never ended up in landfill....that would break my heart, let alone yours!

My 1947 Hetchins Super Special.

Here it is - thanks bro - used Shrinkfit.

1947 Super Special, only 44 on the Hetchin's Register, bought new by my Grandad (£39.00).

Needs complete restoration, has Chater Lea BB and headclip (not shown) and Chater Lea dropouts,"fishplate"rears. Original alloy dome top seat post.

Originally it had a fully chromed rear triangle, fully chromed fork and chromed headlugs - colour was flambouyant red. What is unusual (according to Len) is the super rare seat tube transfer - which is huge and rarely seen. Hetchins rarely put Reynolds transfers on their frames - mine is on the top rear of the seat tube.

It is very light - I'll build it with period Weinmann 40h 27" alloy rims, a four speed hub (I don't want to widen the rear end) in the rear, an Atom 32h alloy front hub. The original Chater Lea (NoS 50t ring) chainset, a GB stem and touring handlebar and a Brookes B17. I'm undecided what brakes to use.

The objective is finish the build by Easter - I have all the components.

Hope you like, Rk.

Attachments

• Profile.jpg
    Profile.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 952
Hi to Roadking & Stedlocks. Did either of you see the Flam Red And Chrome one that was on E'bay during 2010 that was bought by a college student from his boss. It was the model with the exceptionally elaborate lug-work.
I think it was an Opus Magnum with 3/4chrome rears.
He was working for extra funds to support his studies and was offered the bike for £99.00 as a means of getting around!!!.

Re: My 1947 Hetchins Super Special.

roadking":1hmxhfmq said:
I've tried but photo's too big (bigger than the 512kb required) !

This really cheeses me off as it frequently happens.

I'll see what I can do.

Rk.

Hi Roadking. Have you tried using ShrinkPic? It is an easy to use system that allows customising and runs al all times in the background but appears in/on your system tray. As soon as you open up a photo/image on your PC whilst in a forum it opens up and deals with the image and confirms what it has done in terms of the size of the original and the reduced size for sending.
The DeskTop short-cut is a yellow icon.Don't confuse it with another that has a similar name and does not run in the background.

Nice frameset.... I know you will do it justice! Look forward to seeing it finished :0)
The £99 one was proven to be a ' magnum bogus'.... A very elaborate copy.... Still worth more than £99 though!!

I know where there is another very early super special too..... It might have my name on it yet ;0)

Back