Raleigh Magic

I too have a Raleigh Magic which was a replacement frameset for my broken 1992 Peak which broke at the seat-stay/seat tube junction (purchased from Pearsons of Sutton, UK and kindly replaced by them).

It is a black K2 frame (v similar if, not identical geometry to the Peak) and it also states USA on the frame in large letters.

It is my next project and is in need of some TLC if not a full re-spray and new decals.

That's interesting... in the early 90s my brother had (and has) a Raleigh Katana, which looks like it has exactly the same frame as these (though different paint job.)

The bike was always a bit of a mystery - it came with the same horrendous "suspension" forks as the Activator, and low-end components... but it was always obvious that the frame itself was better stuff and it rode very nicely (if you could ignore the effects of the truly awful forks)

Maybe they were just getting rid of excess stock of frames they had lying around? I've never seen another one anywhere...

whyterider":26y3ibe0 said:
I too have a Raleigh Magic(...)

whyterider can you put some pics?

I just found another Raleigh Magic :!: :D

magicud8.jpg

I found it here: http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?s=702cf7e3a1cf8e0b058b90d4d92a3f04&t=273951&page=2

Looking for someone who speaks German :!:

One more Magic:

8AC2629EC9C74687BAE211961FED8A96640.jpg

Back