IBIS MOJO -- UPDATE 29/04/08

Well I appreciate what your saying, but firstly ...

I am going to ride this beauty, and I sort of agree about the shimano xtr stuff,colours etc did consider that,but I have had all that gear before ! and fancied a change and something a bit different, the forks well I wont really know till I ride her wanted to keep it rigid.. but we'll see, I like the tanges and think they will suit the bike really well.. I can always change them if they dont feel right, Thats half the fun of building bikes, experimentation !!

The Ti stem and post, well I have used a Ti interface on steel bikes before and it just feels right for me.. personal preferences ... again its not set in stone....

;)

Sithlord":2sx5m5u0 said:
Well I appreciate what your saying, but firstly ...

I am going to ride this beauty, and I sort of agree about the shimano xtr stuff,colours etc did consider that,but I have had all that gear before ! and fancied a change and something a bit different, the forks well I wont really know till I ride her wanted to keep it rigid.. but we'll see, I like the tanges and think they will suit the bike really well.. I can always change them if they dont feel right, Thats half the fun of building bikes, experimentation !!

The Ti stem and post, well I have used a Ti interface on steel bikes before and it just feels right for me.. personal preferences ... again its not set in stone....

;)

if you want to have it rigid gte a fork w/ at least 425mm a-c distance.. trust me; you don't want to move your weight that forward w/ short forks like the tange. save it for another, older frame.
the mojo has the perfect balance. enjoy it like it was designed to perform.
vicious cycles makes such fork. i have one and it's not only beautifull but refined in feel like nothing else i tried and i have ridden good forks incl. fat chance and specialized doouble butted rigid unicrown.

Hey Sithlord.

Hey Sithlord, i also had a Late 90's MOJO and it only felt right when i put on a pair of 80 mm forks..

Sweet handling ride after that ;)

Not doing the sales pitch like matey :roll: But i may have a pair of 425mm VICIOUS CYCLES rigid in forks in black coming up for sale ;)
Only negative side is they are disc only :( If any good to you mail me and we can do a deal..

I also ran xtr 950 on my MOJO but i went for AVID ARCH ULTIMATE brakes and late 90's COOK BROS F-SERIES cranks :D

Be real sweet bike that ;)

Ok a quick update on the IBIS project, the build has changed slightly with the addition of some judy DHs which are going to be colour coded along with the IBIS stem... which I am still not sure about but going to give it a go, the Ti syncros seatpost even though I thought it would give a better feel to the bike has been subsituted for a control tec, due to colour, and the original Ti stem has gone in favor of the ibis one, although a control tec is on the way.. so we will see what it looks like , a full XC pro group is being specced on it apart from the cooks cranks, the wheels will be changed too for a pair of NOS XC Pros on araya RM20s... Tell me what you think !

Pic below is before the colour coding.. and final finishing pieces.. ;)

Attachments

• nearly-there.JPG
    nearly-there.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,955
Very nice matey- worth all the grief??

Black forks and stem????

Oh and the Cooks look crap, sell them to meeeeeeeee! :LOL: :LOL:

Vanquish is shit, if its an Aston you want you need Project 214, shes a beauty!! Unfortunatly shes worth more than my street and out of my reach at the moment :cry:

Here she is before paint. Stunning

Attachments

• 000000000000001.jpg
    000000000000001.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,635
Looks like my cooks are staying then, beans would have been handy though ! :roll: :roll:

Eddy Orange stem and Forks mmmm

it looks perfect! ready to rock'n roll. you did the right thing: built it as it was intended to ride. by 96/97 the mojo was being sold and built w/ susp. forks.
if you wake up and decide to throw a rigid fork there you already the standard to compare.
the ibis mojo is the top of all things mountain bike in my book. i have not ridden every bike there is... but the ibis is so quick, fast and beautifull.

edit: i would still build it xtr m950 all over. the ibis stem, bar ends and ti bars have the same color as the m950. :cool:
another seatpost option would be a laidback moots. :D

just been on the first outing with the IBIS, built slightly differently than previous post,. It rides really really well, very please with the build, the forks and stem will be sprayed to match the frame, so the red is only temporary but I still thinks it looks nice... the brakes were a bit of a surprise having been riding on discs for the last few years, the gears were spot on , and its the first time I have used Suntour XC pro running gear, and I have to say it preformed faultless ... your comments would be appreciated...

Si

Attachments

• ibis002.JPG
    ibis002.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,530
  • IBIS001.JPG
    IBIS001.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,529
  • ibis0002.JPG
    ibis0002.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,520
  • ibis0001.JPG