1992 Trek 9200 (Boing-Boing club)

original purple for sure! it would be interesting to hear if you do decide to put a modern shock on it. that would quite likely cure a number of the issues they had as a desgn, relative to the bumper stack elastomer shock.

yep mint rode one, big swing arm suspension set ups look cool!

Got some time to update the 9200...still haven't painted the rear swingarm yet but just waiting to see the work of a painter in town. If he does good work it will go in before the end of the month!

P1050116.jpg

niceone! it would look good if the fork lowers were done black, when you get the swingarm done. from memory the old trek forks on those bikes were black.

Here's mine.

I love seeing others with this bike. Here's mine ('92 vintage I believe). It's all original and I'm the original owner. And, yes, I still ride it 3-4 times a week here in Colorado. I took it in for a tune this spring and the tech said, "Whoa, check this out!" and called everyone over to look. "How long has it been since you've seen one of these?" they asked each other... "Forever"! "That is rad man!" Etc. Ha!

Then, I was on a trail about a month ago and these guys said, "Wow, that's an expensive NEW bike." I laughed and told them it was 20 years old which they couldn't believe. It's so old nobody knows it so they think it must be new! HA!

96583af9.jpg

So, ChickenBall, if you haven't painted your swingarm yet - here's the original color of purple (it's always in my basement or garage).

Cheers!

chris

yours was ridden at the national at the weekend by my mate shed
performed well
think theres some pics in the aftermath thread

Back