Be One titanium 18.7punds

stinus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
my new light weight titaniums XC ride a late nineties B1 whit a mix of light parts, the 2x9 setup is fine for the woods around copenhagen, and amazingly fast on fire trails..

beone%20003.jpg

beone%20002.jpg

beone%20001%20%281%29.jpg

Frame: BeOne(B1) Titanium Hardtail
Fork: RockShox SID Team (’05), Extralite brake bosses
Headset: Crank Brothers Cobalt

R. mech: XTR M951 Rapid Rise
F. mech: Dura-Ace w. ti. bolt
Shifters: Sram Rocket drejegreb
Crank: Race Face Next LP
Box: KCNC Scandium ISIS
Cassette: Dura Ace 9s 12-27
Chain: XTR/Dura-Ace 9s

Levers: Avid Speed Dail 7
Brakes: Avid Single digit Titanium
H. Bar: Easton EC70 Monkeylite
Stem: Syntace F99 m. ti. bolte
Saddel: Selle San Marco Aspide FX
Clamp:Hope QR

F. Hub: Tune
Rim: Sun CR17A 28h rød
Spokes: DT revolution/DT alu :

R. hub: American Classic
Rim: Mavic XC517 32h
Spokes: DT revolution/DT alu blå
QR: Syncros Titanium
Tyres: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 EVO 3NC

Cage: Bontrager RXL Carbon m. alu.bolte
Saddel back: Pedros
Pedals: Plastic BMX type

A set of Avid ultimate v-brakes is on its way, i have them on my commuter and really love them.

Might even get a set of DT ceramic rims, and some ceramic specific koolstop pads. But i'm not sure if its really that big an upgrade.

beone5%20004.jpg

beone5%20003.jpg

beone5%20002.jpg

beone5%20001.jpg

I've been using SwissStop blue sky ceramic pads and Koolstop thinline ceramic pads and prefer the SwissStops. I'd also avoid the thinlines with Avid brakes as I think they are designed for thicker shoes/pads.

Impressive weight by the way. Where do you think you are saving the most? I have a similarly specced bike in terms of Ti frame, fork and drivetrain and its a bit above 21lbs.

i made some changes that might not be on the light side but makes the bike more pleasant to ride!

I swapped the seat post for a thomson and the saddle for a flite TI, the stem was changed to a thomson 90mm 5° and a titanium high riser it makes the feel more solid, i newer really got comfy whit the carbon bars - i always had the feeling that the were about to snap..

The wheels has been changed to a nice fat set of Cross Max's at least on till i get the bearings changed on the american classic rear hub..

Pics are on the way..

Just can't see how you get the weight down to 18.7lbs? My 1998 Lynskey build Litespeed, with XTR, top end Raceface, ti bottom bracket, hope ti hubs, mavic 517 with dt revolution and dt alloy nipples, flite ti, foam grips, carbon bars and bar ends, pace rc31 carbon ridgid forks, air b tubes, slotted chain, conti fold race tyres and xtr spuds, weighs an honest 20.3lb. I'm confused? :?

Attachments

• 1998 Litespeed, last of Linsky signed frames.jpg
    1998 Litespeed, last of Linsky signed frames.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 817
Back