mid 90s Specialized Rockhopper

i tried riding it last night and all the gear changes are way out, might just need adjusting so ill have a read up later on how to do this and give it a try, already ordered new tyres and a saddle

there are great guides on parktool.com

i've just seen you're local, so if you want a few pointers, gimme a shout. You can clean it first though ;)

thanks for the offer. just been talking to a colleague in work who like to do up bikes and he has recommended me a place in Nailsea where he had a frame redone for £30 so i am now thinking complete strip down and respray then new retro parts back on !

Gonna start looking for Specialized parts online and maybe Bristol Bike Workshop

thats the place. also just spoken to BBW and they say they have buckets of old Specialized bits up there so im going up on Saturday.

Any idea of the year of my bike, i'd like to try and replace the stickers like for like

i have just looked at the spec and this 96-97 bike is almost the same as mine but my rear mech is SR Suntour not STX so maybe i have a replacement or earlier model.

gives me a list as a basis but i hope to to go all deore on this restore

i dont think that paint will look too bad once cleaned up. It's a nice colour too.

Back