03 Fox Talas - servicing?

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have some fox talas forks, they seem to be stiff as hell, not the usual supple suspension your supposed to have!

I have got them set up in terms of the air pressures, but i think they must be due a service!

Anyone done any of these them selves or is there anyone someone can reccomend that will service them without it costing a rake!?!

Any advice appreciated! :cool:

Fox are relatively easy to service, although not as easy as say old Marzocchi forks. The Fox site is pretty good for service guides and the oils are readily available from Mojo. I'd buy some Float fluid, some suspension oil (10th green stuff) and a seal kit. Follow the service guide and tale your time, be fine. Although I can do them for you if you want for a few quid?

Cheers for the offer! I'll get the bits and have a look at the servicing guides! My float shock was easy to service after watching a few YouTube guides, I'll c how I get on!

You may get a pm if it's looking too technical for me :LOL:

One more question... Could I use a different 10wt sus oil ie. rock oil svi off crc website or do I need to buy the fox 10wt oil?!

Ta
;)

Enduro seals are supposed to seal better, but I think because they do you may loose some plushness of the fork are they are tighter round the stanchion. I'd go with Fox ones if it was me. They do the job if looked after.

You can use any 10wt oil. I've got some fork oil from a motorbike shop in the past. At £10 a litre its cheaper that mtb specific stuff but is no doubt very similar.

Your forks should be pretty similar to these: http://service.foxracingshox.com/consum ... AS_RLC.htm

cool! i have sourced the relevant bits and will hopefully get some pics on when i have done it - if it goes according to plan!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back