My not so new Kona Hot FINAL update.

Which wheels

• Bullseye with the non retro ritchey's 7 Speed

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nuke Proof on Mavics lighter 8 Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Super build

Thats a super job, is it an 18? I have same tube set, but as the Explosif version and it rides like your on a cushion of air as you si rightly say and is ultra fast to accelerate, I was fortunate to get the matching early TB
P2's that weigh sub 700g, weighed loads of other later TB ones, still all weigh 840g or more. Mine weighes 21.85 pounds without trying and when I ride it just can't help but think MTB's haven't advanced much in the past 20 years! The ride is just sublime!
Must get a Hot next too! ;)
Explosif009.jpg

Re: Super build

Wold Ranger":2x12h7md said:
Thats a super job, is it an 18? I have same tube set, but as the Explosif version and it rides like your on a cushion of air as you si rightly say and is ultra fast to accelerate, I was fortunate to get the matching early TB
P2's that weigh sub 700g, weighed loads of other later TB ones, still all weigh 840g or more. Mine weighes 21.85 pounds without trying and when I ride it just can't help but think MTB's haven't advanced much in the past 20 years! The ride is just sublime!
Must get a Hot next too! ;)
Explosif009.jpg

Thanks, it is an 18, not sure how heavy the forks are or the complete bike to be honest.

Must say yours does look stunning, love the colour of these early 90's Kona's, that green is perfect.

:D

OK it really is finished now.

Bet you're fed up of seeing this but had a few updates on this recently and need to make a decision on wheels so It can be complete. Here's a couple of pic's with updates.

Granny ring
P2 decals (thanks Gil)
Ringle H2o
Onza Ho Ti pedals
and the nuke proofs back on

Do I keep these and current mechs or go back to the Bullseye (7speed) and change to XT mechs. Either way there will be more controltech goodness coming shortly but this needs deciding now!

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

I'm swaying towards Nukeproof but..........

Finally its done

Swapped out the Pace chain rings for Tioga, the dura ace rr mech for XTR and added Controltech cantis and jockey wheels finished off with some brand new XTR cables and a new chain.

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00540.jpg

THE END

That is a superb bike and a great selection of components. Other than some amber walls I would say I wouldnt change a thing.

Although how about some nice control tech bar ends? The bars look wide enough.

:cool: :cool:

Beautiful! I wouldn't change a thing.
Leave the black tyres on, they look goos with the black stem, post, cranks etc. :D

FST4RD":3goxcr5k said:
Beautiful! I wouldn't change a thing.
Leave the black tyres on, they look goos with the black stem, post, cranks etc. :D

Defo, amber walls not required. Lovely stuff!

Thanks guy's I had thought about bar ends and I had controltech ones BITD on my Clockwork so if any NOS ones come up I may go for them (let me know if you have any to sell BLACK please). As for the tyres I'm loving these, they're fast rolling light and I think suit the bike. May try some IRC on it though??

Digging up this old thread but just had to say what a beautiful machine :cool: Do you still have it?

Back