MTB TEAMR or plain TEAM - That is the question?

Hi Caramba Kid
This bike looks the absolute business and has been pimped very tastefully.
I've been considering the TEAMR or the regular TEAM mtb and would be grateful if you could advise what terrain you normally cover on your upgraded TEAMR?
I've added a bit about my limited experience and what I want out of my new MTB and I'd really appreciate your steer as to which way to go.

Like yourself I bought an MTB a while back (15yrs) before suspension came in. Later on I added Rock Shox which still serve me well but it's time for a new one. Not sure whether I need Front sus this time round but don't want to regret it.

I want a fast MTB that will also soak up the bumps on cross country without wrecking the frame or me. Whichever way I go I plan to get a separate set of wheels to be able to swap out slicks for knobblies.
I'm in me 40's, reasonably active - but don't often get big air :) but like getting busy with the bumps and ruts bumps occasionally when I'm out with the kids.
I realise for the road I could lock out the TEAMsforks to stop bounce - but it'll be heavier (and not look as cool as the TEAMR).
How does the Rigid stand up to the ruts at speed and very modest jumps and will an old beggar like me suffer as a result of no suspension on the TEAMR? :p

So to be a pain but this is a tortuous decision for me as I love the TEAMR look and lightness but I've seen someone on the blogs trying to fit front suspension onto their TEAMR and am wondering why?

Again this bike looks SIC as my 12 year old would say. Apparently that's good :D.
Really appreciate any advice

Lastly - Be good to see any other mods that you may make.

Cheers, Craig

Back