2010 cannondale badboy

Glad you're loving the BB dude.. :cool: I've owned mind for about 18 months and clocked up approx 3,000 miles on it and it's still as solid as a rock!! It's a 2009 Ultra and I've gradually upgraded some of the kit to shave off a few pounds..... it goes like a rocketship!

Glad to see another on a forum, I didn't think there was much love for the BB but its surprising how many you see flying around :D

DSC_5766.jpg

DSC_5767.jpg

I think the black has the edge as my OCD dictates that my bikes be spotless at all times, which is a bitach with a Dulux white frame :(

never seen a white one before, i chose black to hide the dust and dirt :LOL:

mines the only bike i have rode in the past two months, so im retiring it while i get used to knobbly rubber again!

just for a short time though ;)

bad boy still my preferred bike.......love this machine :cool:

update wise, i have recently changed the grips to thicker more comfy ones, same with the saddle.

stuck the full shwalbe slicks in the shed to save them, running shwalbe kevlar marathon semi slicks for now, less grip and harder, but should save me in punctures (still no punctures in almost 700 miles on full slicks).

added a rear rack and bontrager bag for my tools and bits and bobs, rather than use a back pack. though its been very reliable so far.

this month i have a 60mile charity ride to complete, though i have to ride another 10 miles plus to the start line then back!

will see how it copes with 70+miles in one day, cant wait.

IMG_1406.jpg

Thought I'd bump this up, seeing as I'm dusting this bike off to keep miles off my fatbikes :)

Promised myself to ride more last year, and I did just that (last post was about a charity ride, 56 mile great north bike ride).

Ended up doing 73 mile on the charity ride that day, then it was used for smaller and smaller rides until new bikes made this bike redundant to me, but very usefull to my brother for little trips and also my girlfriend when she visits.

Currently at 992 miles, not very much in 7 months use. but this year I want to challenge myself even more, hence a 400 mile a month target, something I did 10yrs ago when I was commuting to work.

With this bike being built for the job and mega comfortable, im glad it's still in my possession.

It's been the most reliable bike i have owned, just 1 puncture, no breakages or failures or even worn parts. Not even needed a cable adjustment yet!

Updates to follow.

Little bump seeing as some folk are interested in these bikes. Bike has now went past the 1,500 mile mark.

Trying to use the bike as much as I can to get a bit fitter.....last year I only cycled 849 miles in the whole of 2011!

Not good, but I have made improvements, doubled that milage already this year, though nothing like the 400 miles a month I wanted to do, I simply ain't got the time.

Best month was 274 miles :oops:

I'm still having trouble with injuries and aches and pains.....I bought some Ergon grips for this bike and also stuck my trusty brooks saddle on it, great relief but after an hour my body still complains.

Yesterday I treated it to a service and seeing as the chain had stretched, a new cassette and chain too.

Slicks are doing great, don't want the weather to change, happy to use them inbetween showers for my little 15 mile loops on cycle tracks.

fd643229.jpg

Back