Full suspension Mountain Goat time...

cjax":solim7w2 said:
As long as the jumps on it aren't like the mountains they jump over today!

Tell me about it! :shock:

I dont want to break me let alone my pride and joy! :LOL:

Coloured Goat

Green and Black go so well together! Personally I would go for even more black, but then its always down to personal choice and preference. Just love the those skinny tubes and green enamel. Steel is real.

Great Jez

Hey Jez,
that GOAT is looking good :D

There is a real sweet steel COOK BROS quil stem on EBAY.COM at the mo ;)

It as a double clamp at the front like a MOUNTAIN GOAT stem of similar period ;)

And again real sweet bike matey.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Lovely bike Jez and one I haven't seen before. Any chance of a pic (or 1000 words, your choice) showing the workings of the rear suspension. I presume it's the thing just visible above the front mech, but the more I look, the more I convince myself that it's a part of the other frame or a vital load bearing piece of your garage!

Either way my eyes are going crazy!

Are those bars super long? Or should I reserve judgement untill all the bells, reflectors and A-Team branded transistor wireless are mounted, hell you may be able to squeeze a Miss Marple style wicker basket on as well.

Remember the words of Dr Frasier Crane, "If less is more, just think how much more more would be." Genius.

Cheers Jim

Hate to rain on your parade but isnt it well known the suspension setup on that frame is worthless?

Its like URT design, bike goes up and down when you pedal it. I would sell it off on ebay and keep the components.

Dang Jez, you've done another great build!

Love the colour, and the although the suspension may not be the best, the rarity and story behind it makes it more than droolworthy :)

erkan":2vtwsslr said:
Hate to rain on your parade but isnt it well known the suspension setup on that frame is worthless?

True the rear suspension design on this frame is rather flawed - I won't go into the technical detail, but in some respects thats also part of the fun of having a retro ride :)

erkan":ku3l5mj6 said:
Its like URT design, bike goes up and down when you pedal it. I would sell it off on ebay and keep the components.

I can't help but feel you're slightly missing the point

Back