WTD:Nano-budget bike build bits; not even as posh as Mad Max

i've got a pair of 8 speed wheels with a cassette and and the chain that's "married" to that cassette. LX/Sovos hubs. Rims have some wear but still have life in them.

i am in horfield, you can come and get them in exchange for a crisp tenner.

i've got a pair of steel beaded fire xc pros you can have gratis too. i may be able to conjour a few other odds and sods too.

i've got a pair of grips you can have for the cost of postage.

i'll get you a pic in a little while got to go out shopping before they close lol

2ymi13t.jpg

barely used cut the flange slightly so that i could use my rapid fires.
really quite comfy grips.

yours for postage, as i have no use for them any longer.

CCE - Yes please with bells on. Are you around this evening? Could pick them up then, if poss..?

Khane - Yes please with bells on. Let me know a payment method and I'll get right on it.

Cheers guys!

Just dug out some grips... :roll: :LOL:

Anything else left to find? Afraid I gave away both my spare suss forks recently :oops: :LOL:

Thank you for your efforts anyway, ElPedro - it really is much appreciated.

You know what, folks? I think I'm near as dammit there. I have just noticed the fact that I'd forgotten the small matter of no front mech/no front brake. Don't quite know how those two slipped under the radar, but hey ho. However - I have a B plan at work tomorrow, but if they fail, I may need to sort those.

As it stands, though, the only thing left are the forks, and there are a couple of things in the pipeline about which I should shortly know...

Everyone who's helped/volunteered/sold/karma'd - I salute you. When it's together, I'm going to make a celebratory video - maybe the Halden Hill jolly could be a good opportunity..? There's still scope to need more help yet, lord knows, but it's looking good so far...

Thank you, one and all :)

The generosity of some people has blown me away. As it happens, this bike is essentially arriving a bit at a time at the school I teach at in Bristol, and some kids were looking at the stuff today, completely befuddled. "What - he just gave you it?" "Yeah." "Why?" "Some people are just like that..."

Thank you, everyone who's helped, sold, advised and karma'd.

Am really getting there now. My two big priorities now I think are forks, and chainrings. Does anyone have any suggestions on these two points? The missus is now back, BTW, and she hit the roof, unlike the budget...

Cheers all

reptile smile":a7f8purx said:
The generosity of some people has blown me away. As it happens, this bike is essentially arriving a bit at a tie at the school I teach at in Bristol, and some kids were looking at the stuff today, completely befuddled. "What - he just gave you it?" "Yeah." "Why?" "Some people are just like that..."

:LOL:
i suspected as much, going to the school

did the mrs calm down once you had explained the budget didnt hit the roof?

if you still have your xtr chainset, put that on
if not, do what i said price wise and see where you get with that ;)

Back