East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Might not be able to make tomorrow(work commitments),but can probably ride on friday ,would be pleased to show the route from Smisby.

It's a poor map I know, but there is only one main street through Smisby and we meet right in the middle of the large red dot, old school on the left, pub on the right when approaching from Coalville.

Attachments

• smisby_460.jpg
    smisby_460.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 590
being a bank holiday - is there a risk some of the footpathy bits might be busy on a fri morning full of other wedding-dodgers?

The only bit likely to be busy is the section near Conkers and that's only the small stretch alongside the little railway track.

Last night's route

15d4fh3.png

Right, encouraged by all of this talk of tubeless, I watched this, popped over to Leisure Lakes on the way home and bought two bottles of Stan's costing £4 in total, followed the video exactly except where he used a compressor I used a track pump I borrowed from next door and as this was on my 29er tyres, I used old 26" innertubes I had lying around.

20 mins later (literally!) I had 2 tubeless tyres :cool:

Now, if they stay up (and I am sure they will) - that really was a piece of p*ss.

I can recommend the soapy water though, plenty of fairy liquid.

Job's a good'un :cool: Total cost = £4 plus two old inner tubes.

orange71":1rwkdr7y said:
Right, encouraged by all of this talk of tubeless, I watched this, popped over to Leisure Lakes on the way home and bought two bottles of Stan's costing £4 in total, followed the video exactly except where he used a compressor I used a track pump I borrowed from next door and as this was on my 29er tyres, I used old 26" innertubes I had lying around.

20 mins later (literally!) I had 2 tubeless tyres :cool:

Now, if they stay up (and I am sure they will) - that really was a piece of p*ss.

I can recommend the soapy water though, plenty of fairy liquid.

Job's a good'un :cool: Total cost = £4 plus two old inner tubes.

mine are still going strong, not even losing much pressure these days.

Back