Hope brake experts in da hoose ?, Eck ?, Dyna ?, Eh ?

I arrive late to fine it sorted
Advice is the same as the above.Strip clean,flush then flush some more.Best also to remove the seals and give them a clean to remove any traces of the mineral oil thats sitting behind them :? .

Shimano saints are excellent,really powerful for a single piston :shock: :D Only problem,and its a biggie,Shimano seals cannot be replaced.When they leak,they get binned[or hidden just in case ;)]
Though on the plus side I have heard good run times of about 4 years from new so thats not to bad :?
An expert fettler could change the seals,but it would be a c*** of a job :? :LOL:
One thing i did notice about saints though.they really really hate cold weather :? i found mine would weep a little past the seals on cold winter days.
A wee dab of silicon around the piston sides will sort it though :?

Silicon .Right Gazz ;)

Simonside resident":2390hbhk said:
What would you rather use as a pressure transmission medium to make your brakes work. BRAKE fluid or cooking oil?*

* for me the clue is in the name. ;)

Know what you are saying but i tried frying an egg with the Finishline and it tasted horrible :LOL:

Besides, the Finishline bottle says FOR BICYCLE HYDRAULICS on the front with a picture of a DISC BRAKE :)

I thought bike brake fluid was bike brake fluid, wiser now though.

You recon the seals in the calipers will be ok Andy ?, dont fancy stripping those :(

Up to yourself but personally id remove them.If it does indeed cause degradation of the rubber then you'd be a mug not to :?

Brake- failure- speed. Do these words hold you in dread and fear:?
They do me :LOL:

i agree with andy mark , i'd be whipping the seals out and washing them with brake cleaner (i use the much off stuff) :D

If you used the wrong ones then the seals are goners, send them pack to hope for a £40 overhaul and refresh.... Best thing I ever did for mine. You could also see if hope will be doing race tech support at the sda's this year, I normally bang on an old race plate and get mine fettled for free...

boxxer":qwp01zki said:
If you used the wrong ones then the seals are goners, send them pack to hope for a £40 overhaul and refresh.... Best thing I ever did for mine. You could also see if hope will be doing race tech support at the sda's this year, I normally bang on an old race plate and get mine fettled for free...

I also agree with this. Hope charge about £40 per brake [£37+vat] But it will come back in perfect order :cool:

No one will blame you if you let hope do the work :LOL: ach,once in a while aint bad :?

if you need any work done on them mark , geeza shout ;) i don't want anything for doing it either ;)

big.eck":zxml606b said:
if you need any work done on them mark , geeza shout ;) i don't want anything for doing it either ;)

Is that a general call Eck ? Because i have......... :LOL:

big.eck":19e5qmwl said:

Cheers Alex, appreciate that, will give you a shout if i'm stuck ;), sending them off to Hope would have been the sensible thing to do but thismorning i spent another £30 on another set of lever seals and Dot 4 fluid from CRC :roll:, thats on top of the £50 for lever seals and pads last week.

None of the caliper seals are sticky in any way so i hope to get away with just a good clean out with those.

Back