Any audi/vw trip tronic users out there? advice needed.

heathy

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm looking at getting a new motor soon, and have been looking at a
a4 2.5 tdi deisel,with a triptronic gearbox, the 1 with the steering wheel gear shift.
Ive had a automatic before and it was sh.t, but thought this would be better as it can be used manually with either the gear stick or on the wheel.
I seem to remember someone on here was a bit of a expert on Audi's,
so any advice and personal experiences would be nice.
Cheers.....

Is it DSG or not, I can report excellent things from the RS6 tip box. :D
Very easy to use and very smooth, not at all intrusive like normal paddles, after all it is a selectable auto, not a clutchless manual.

So are you selling the lush A6 TDi?

Think the tiptronic system is based on a regular automatic transmission, i.e. a torque converter.

The VW DSG system has twin regular clutches which are automatically actuated.

No idea how either drives....

John":1f3fcmms said:
Think the tiptronic system is based on a regular automatic transmission, i.e. a torque converter.

The VW DSG system has twin regular clutches which are automatically actuated.

No idea how either drives....

Actually John is right, I am confusing my boxes. I'll stick to BMW's! ;)

Thanks for the input guys...i took it out for a spin today and, it was great
you can use it as a normal auto with sport mode, then you can flip the stick across to manual, up down shifts, and also you can use the buttons on the wheel. So over all i was impressed.

Oh you should have seen what i did tho :oops: I was about 500 metres
down the road with this chap from the garage when the car just stopped
suddenly, he nearly went through the screen. At first i couldn't work it out..I had stood on the break with my left foot :oops: I forgot it had no clutch :idea:

If you phone audi uk and tell them very nicely you want a "proper" test drive a man comes round to your house with the car (filled with fuel) that you dont have to replace and picks it up a coupleof days later.

I borrowed the a8 4.2diesel, the a8 3.0diesel and the q7 diesel all were auto and all were ok but I bought a 730d instead. Oh but I only used the tip-tronic on the 7 about 3 times I'm a lazy driver!

I would have loved to have seen that Heathy! :D
You and a 'sharp suited' bullsh1ter spread across the windscreen..... :shock:

Back