SKYE: 30th April - 1st May ?

The weekend before the Scottish Election means that if I went I would be slain by our local SNP candidate (Mrs TheRealKW15).

I fancy it, but my pass would only become valid on 6th May. Could you leave food parcels hidden on the route you take for me, and I can treat it like an expedition.

It could be like my fellow Orcadian John Rae discovering the fate of the Franklin expedition, and how they ended up eating each other before ultimately perishing...

Vibe is still good but you are right we need to get the finger out a bit.

We need to confirm attendance and book accomodation - it is a bank holiday weekend in some parts though so things might be busy.

If getting a place there is difficult I'll ride anywhere on the west coast.

Aren't you all celebrating the Royal Wedding on the Friday, you southern Royalists you?

The Orkney Islands Council, Shetland Islands Council, and Highland Council have all rejected having a public holiday for it, in a austere gesture of indifference. I'm so proud.

Carbost Inn has a climbing party booked into the bunkhouse over the weekend of 29/30 April % 1st May.

Can't get Sligachan to answer phone :roll: but suspect likely they're booked up too - will try to confirm later today.

How many peoples up for this??

TK?
Radoslaw?
Gazz?
Robmac?
Dyna-ti?
moi?

ony mair?

If Slig bunkhouse full, the option is decent campsite across the road, or B&B in hotel if rooms available...........

Campsite bathed in sunshine across road from Slig Hotel - obviously its always like that
:cool: :cool:

don't think the slig hotel will be open yet, doesn't normally open until easter, the hotel runs the camp site and hostel (although I'm sure they'll be open)

don't think you can book the campsite, think it's just turn up on the day, wouldn't expect it to be an issue.

another option would be the campsite or youth hostel in glen brittle. +5mils from Carbost +10miles from slig. beautiful part of the island, basicly the other side of the ridge from slig. there's no hot food down there, a small shop at the camp site. i'm sure the bar at carbost would be able to help you find a taxi if you needed to go to carbost/slig for food & bevy.

otherwise, there's an abundance of holiday lets in the area, you might be able to get a weekend deal

Got through to Slig - bunkhouse full as expected so its camping unless folks want to fork out cash for an alternative. As GM says - don't need to book campsite, just turn up.

Plan :?:

No bunkhouse isn't great, camping will be ok with me.
If B and B's are cheap I might consider it but money is tight for this because of petrol prices - are there any bothys :)

Gaz are you still up for this with your recent knee news?

I do camping :D But im guessing Gazz's knee will prevent him :? .The more the merrier for round the campfire :D [no im not bringing the axe ;) ]
All really depends on transport.I think i asked Radek and he was ok with giving me a lift,but i cant remember. :oops:
I'm also trying to arrange for my camping buddy to go,he has no bike and 2 dogs so im not sure.Chances are he'll say no. Still,worth a try to get gear up easier :?

Back