Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate 'em

• Don't care

• Never heard of them

• Total voters
Love the steel bikes, the muddy green 1994 Explosif was one of the nicest looking, but for me it would have to be a 1992 XT equipped black Explosif, over a Hei Hei. The reason? Kona are what they are, the Ford of the mountain bike world, a company with a bike at every price point and yet still have a soul, and understand the needs of the rider. Great loking great riding bikes. The Explosif is the Sierra Cosworth of the bike world, a real working class hero, a £1k bike that would stand toe to toe with some of the best.

Common, Maybe. Over exposed, definately, but those are the only failings really.

As much as i love mine, even i don't care. Over the years you get to see so many of them and as said, a Lava Dome won't make anyone go weak at the knee's! :LOL:

Was the sort of bike i liked as a kid, bought a cheap one as a hack, found this website and somehow ended up spending a few hundred quid on it. They are good fun to ride and the skinny steel tubes and angles are great. Personally i think the people that don't like them make more of a fuss than those that do! ;)

gm1230126":hhtr6ueo said:
What's all the Ruckus about Kona. Just another mass produced over distributed bike line. OK they have it dialed I'll give them that.

that's the point - many people don't like them because they're mass-produced dispite the fact that they're fantastic riding frames. Many of these people will ride a rarer but poorer riding bike just because it's rare.

They're common, but they aren't cheap (Apollo, Emmelle etc cheap I mean), so that must be a good thing......

......but I still don't want one......

......but I don't have owt against them.

I really don't have a strong view in either direction. They're OK but there's always been something else I've wanted more when it came to the crunch and I have had to shell out.

actually - I ought to qualify my statements - the ti and steel Konas are nice, their modern alu frames do nothing for me

Back