1994 Trek 850 - it's a tiny beauty

Xesh":2im6ghma said:
Rampage":2im6ghma said:
.......Those bar ends aren't very strong BTW.

Agreed. They always used to come unbonded from the clamps.

Looking at the pic of the front cantis, the brake blocks need lining up properly. If the rear ones are in the same state then it's no wonder they aren't working too well! :LOL: :LOL:

Give me a chance will you!! The pics were taken only 30mins after I bought it!

Re: trek

matthew71":1p39diwq said:
hope all your friends are dwarfs then :LOL: :LOL:

I do tend to wonder at this place - is everyone over 6 foot here? People seem to complain that bikes for sale aren't big enough - they are always massive on me!! I ride a 16" btw.

Xesh":238gx8k7 said:
Rampage":238gx8k7 said:

Is that the case for just the Trans-X ones or Onza ones as well? I have some spare Onza ones to put on instead.
Never heard of that issue!

Rob Atkin":klau8slj said:
Xesh":klau8slj said:
Rampage":klau8slj said:

Is that the case for just the Trans-X ones or Onza ones as well? I have some spare Onza ones to put on instead.
Never heard of that issue!

A lot of people at my school who liked MTB's bought Tranz-X as the local shop sold it. The bike sheds were full of bikes with broken Tranz-X parts, mainly bar ends coming unbonded as Xesh mentioned.
They were bad 15 years ago, imagine what their like now!

Never heard of any problems with the onZa ends. I bought some yesterday incidentally, but they wernt bonded.

Love it and yes an absulute bargain. I got 2 17" frames which I ride. which are perfectly suited for the normal man. I am 5'8. I remember my brother riding a Peugeot Laser which was the biggest bike I have ever seen !!!!!

Latest posts

Back