The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

^ my point exactly.

Or, come round to mine and if you can tell the difference, I'll buy the fancy ones for you.

On my old HiFi I could tell the difference between the 'free' ones and the twenty quid a pair interconnects I got from Richer Sounds.

I can't see the point in spending a grand on a pair, but I think a tenner a pair is a worth while upgrade.

It looks like I'm sorted now anyway.

Thanks lgf

I quite like it's size and funkyness so I think it will remain a keeper

cheers

uktyler":1i87lu58 said:
On my old HiFi I could tell the difference between the 'free' ones and the twenty quid a pair interconnects I got from Richer Sounds.

I can't see the point in spending a grand on a pair, but I think a tenner a pair is a worth while upgrade.

It looks like I'm sorted now anyway.

EVERYBODY says that until we performed blind tests (where you could never know which were the 'freebies' and which were the premium ones).

The results always surprised the owners.

The 'freebies' supplied with most equipment had to be of a reasonable quality otherwise what was the point in trying to sell a quality product? Not everybody would 'upgrade' straight away. The worst offender was Russ Andrews and their bloody power leads, jeeze, the amount of BS surrounding them! We basically threatened to void the warranties of equipment owners if they used their products. All our 'noise' suppression and shielding was done inside the equipment, nothing further was necessary. The 'upgrade' we always recommended was to have an electrician install a separate ring mains for your home cinema/ hifi - that way any noise from white goods/ heating and so on would not interfere with the audio. Subwoofers with an auto on /off were annoying too as often they were too sensitive and we'd get complaints about sombody elses bloody products and not our own!

Anyway, thats all in the past now. I've turned this thread into a proper discussion thread so you can natter away as much as you like.

Any exciting hifi bits I get or interesting ebay finds, I'll post them up.

For sale!

Marantz CD63SE, boxed, excellent condition, remote, instructions etc

£70 GBP UK Posted

Complete Sony full size separates system:

Amplifier is TA FE530R with a 'system' remote control, 55w x 2 8 Ohms

CD player is CDP XE530R

Tuner is ST-S311 RDS

Cassette is TC K515S with Dolby S and 3 heads.

£170 GBP inc speakers UK collection only (Cambs area)

Sherwood DTS/ Dolby Digital 5.1 FM receiver

no remote but all functions available from the fascia.

£40 GBP UK posted

Hi LGF

Have you got any 100w min 3 way Pioneer Speakers? I would love some 4 way HPM's again. Gave a set away ( :shock: )when I went all Ipod crazy. Regretted it ever since :( and as I'm now rebuilding a Pioneer SA series stack I really want some.

Gadro":1xobm7s1 said:
Hi LGF

Have you got any 100w min 3 way Pioneer Speakers? I would love some 4 way HPM's again. Gave a set away ( :shock: )when I went all Ipod crazy. Regretted it ever since :( and as I'm now rebuilding a Pioneer SA series stack I really want some.

I'll keep an eye out

Re: hifi stuff for sale & Hifi chat thread

Hi Mark

Need a monster amp to match the Pioneer PD-9300 CD player I had off you.
Obviously prefer it to be Pioneer (not essential) but must be Black.

Got anything suitable in your HiFi emporium?

Re: hifi stuff for sale & Hifi chat thread

Caramba Kid":27arzlud said:
Hi Mark

Need a monster amp to match the Pioneer PD-9300 CD player I had off you.
Obviously prefer it to be Pioneer (not essential) but must be Black.

Got anything suitable in your HiFi emporium?

nothing of that quality or era, the sony above is not bad but not up there with your Pioneer.

For sale!

Marantz CD63SE, boxed, excellent condition, remote, instructions etc

£70 GBP UK Posted

Complete Sony full size separates system:

Amplifier is TA FE530R with a 'system' remote control, 55w x 2 8 Ohms

CD player is CDP XE530R

Tuner is ST-S311 RDS

Cassette is TC K515S with Dolby S and 3 heads.

£170 GBP inc speakers UK collection only (Cambs area)

Sherwood DTS/ Dolby Digital 5.1 FM receiver

no remote but all functions available from the fascia.

£40 GBP UK posted

Back