DT Hugi 240 Wheelset - Nice high end light wheelset

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Nice high end rim brake wheelset.

DT Hugi 240 Wheelset.

DT Hugi 240 hubs 32h. 517 Ceramic CD rims. DT DB Comp spokes. Brass Nips.

Really nice cond. Just serviced. Fresh bearings all round. Nice loud clacky freewheel. Could do with a slight true as I'm not very good at that and have ignored a slight lack of trueness.

Ceramic surface is in great nick. Only one tiny nick and one silver area of rub (both pictured). Other pic is of what the rest looks like. I had these built up from new by a really good wheelbuilder in 2003 and hardly used as they've been a second pair in the garage for quite a while.

Uber light and strong XC wheels (front hub is 95g!). And a great and presumably rare example of ceramic rims in good nick in CD anodized grey. Dead easy to replace bearings, freehub body etc, no tools needed! I really do think these wheels are the best out there. Had King, preferred these. Lighter, easier, just as smooth. Just don't need three sets! :LOL:

£150.00 + post.

or

£175.00 + post with the Panaracer Cinders in the picture (hardly used either, maybe five rides old 1.95 folding).

No skewers I'm afraid.

Paypal marked as a 'gift' please. Or BACS is fine.

Thanks

Attachments

• Hugi8.jpg
    Hugi8.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 697
  • Hugi3.jpg
    Hugi3.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 696
  • Hugi2.jpg
    Hugi2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 694
  • Hugi1.jpg
    Hugi1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 693
Sithlord":25z4c9b3 said:
I'm interested in these Wu, how far out of true are they

Si, hardly at all, just a little tweak needed, but I thought I ought to mention it as it would become a rebuild needed if I attempted to go at them with a spoke key. :LOL:

I rode them last weekend and it doesn't rub on the V pads or anything. But at least being the brass nips, they are more reliable for re-trueing.

Really, they're a good set. Best of my Hugi's, it's just the others are black, so they match the bike more.

:D

Yea just sold a set of black ones,, really nice,, but I'm the opposite I was after all silver,, but your halfway there.. :LOL:

Sending PM.. ;)

Back