Lance's MXL

bushpig":3tz1rrt0 said:
Nice Q&A. I get a question like that, I block the bidder.
He must be confident or he would not of posted the question and his answer. I personally think Lance rode a 56 too...

Yes, probably he is of the opinion he has nothing to hide and want to do business in the most sincere way.

Still, for them doubting risk averse people: I still have my Tulip FullPro! I am sure that one is authentic, but for 210 gbp you won't get robbed anyway :LOL:

Thought this might get outed here. Nice bike.

If I was looking to bid would perhaps like to see more provenance as to the authenticity, however the question is quite badly put.

@bushpig great pics from that Japanese museum. Near Osaka is it?

The Raleigh pictured does look tidy. Hard to tell from the pic if it's genuine or not, although if a Japanese museum claims it to be genuine I'd tend to believe them - the Japanese are sticklers for detail.
Fignon did indeed ride C-Record in the 89 Tour whereas this has Shimano.
Raleigh did release a Worksop built 653 in Castorama colours although it's hard to differentiate from this pic given the 653 and 753 decals of this era where both purple.
It does have a number peg braze on which generally denotes a team frame (of the two RSP 753 frames I have only the one which is ex-team has a number peg).
Also the frame pictured does look somewhat like this picture
5273149109_30ff205c7b_b.jpg

..apart from the b/b cable guides.

John":9m0hqv5e said:
The Raleigh pictured does look tidy. Hard to tell from the pic if it's genuine or not, although if a Japanese museum claims it to be genuine I'd tend to believe them - the Japanese are sticklers for detail.
Fignon did indeed ride C-Record in the 89 Tour whereas this has Shimano.
Raleigh did release a Worksop built 653 in Castorama colours although it's hard to differentiate from this pic given the 653 and 753 decals of this era where both purple.

Also don't think any of the 653 offerings had a braze on front mech either, mine certainly doesn't.

Back