WTD - LX M570 wheel set - SORTED!

elPedro666":2gaku6pj said:
I think you're after m570 bits?

Pretty sure I've got your front mech, cost me either £12 or £16 from what I can remember, I'll try to remember to check it this afternoon but it's my Birthday weekend so feel free to remind me! 34.9 I think.

i've found a front mech that fits - but its a deore 511 i think - dual pull - the cable on my frame feeds from the top.
416241.jpg
- it'll do for now, but would rather have LX - it will need to sit like this on the frame. i think im after LX 571 - i think thats what i saw on the back of my crank arm...???!!! the arms are splined - i think this is different ot octalink yes?
my knowledge is very limited when it comes to anything other than square taper! im treading new ground here! :p :oops: :?

also, Happy Birthday :)

I have a set of the blue LX V's that you seek in good condition (removed from my 99 GT i-drive shortly after purchase) and the sti units to go with them (still attached in fact) also blue and in decent condition. I can get some pics, but it will be tomorrow.

Let me know if you're interested, I'd do you a good deal on the whole lot as it will save me taking them apart. ;)

twain":l0tvv240 said:
I've found a front mech that fits - but its a deore 511 i think - dual pull - the cable on my frame feeds from the top.

I think im after LX 571 - i think thats what i saw on the back of my crank arm...???!!! the arms are splined - i think this is different ot octalink yes?
my knowledge is very limited when it comes to anything other than square taper! im treading new ground here! :p :oops: :?

also, Happy Birthday :)

Thank you! :cool:

m571, top pull, high band, 34.9mm, mint - result! How's £15posted sound?

Shimano splined cranks will be Octalink (there's two versions, but V1 is fairly rare for m952 XTR and some road cranks, you'll need the more common V2 - ES50/51/70/71 BBs), others brands used ISIS, and there're probably more 'standards' out there... Pretty sure I ran my LX m57* octas on either a 113 or 116 BB - can't be totally certain, sorry, but if it was me I'd gamble on a 113 for starters as I'm fairly sure... :LOL:

The Great Sheldon Brown is your friend in all such matters ;)
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_n-o.html

Cracking good brakes from that groupset too, nearly flipped a bike first ride out on them recently! :shock: :LOL:

Pretty sure the LX octalink cranks used a much longer bottom bracket than 113mm - I've used a 121 x 73 & a 121 x 68 on mine & still end up witha 45mm chainline on one of my frames!

Dickyboy":31vg0ctk said:
Pretty sure the LX octalink cranks used a much longer bottom bracket than 113mm - I've used a 121 x 73 & a 121 x 68 on mine & still end up witha 45mm chainline on one of my frames!

what do you mean when you say 45mm chain line? :?

Checked this morning & my cranks are LX m572 ( bulging out type blue grey octalink), chainline is the dimension from middle chainring to centre of seat tube - MTB's work on 50mm (so mtb front mechs won't work at 45mm as the mech will rub on the chain in lowest gears), road mechs work at 45mm. Defo been using a 121mm bottom bracket - chain reaction are doing the ES25 121 x 68 for £6 at the moment!

Will have a set of lx m570 wheels up for grabs soon - hubs & free hub in excellent condition, built onto black Sun Rims - (0 degrees lite according to the stickers), rear rims is quite worn on the braking surface & I only have some mismatched skewers £30 posted - any good to you?

Dickyboy":eehypzau said:
Checked this morning & my cranks are LX m572 ( bulging out type blue grey octalink), chainline is the dimension from middle chainring to centre of seat tube - MTB's work on 50mm (so mtb front mechs won't work at 45mm as the mech will rub on the chain in lowest gears), road mechs work at 45mm. Defo been using a 121mm bottom bracket - chain reaction are doing the ES25 121 x 68 for £6 at the moment!

Will have a set of lx m570 wheels up for grabs soon - hubs & free hub in excellent condition, built onto black Sun Rims - (0 degrees lite according to the stickers), rear rims is quite worn on the braking surface & I only have some mismatched skewers £30 posted - any good to you?

thanks for the chainline lesson! notes taken :)
I think im ok for the cranks now - realised i was using LX chainset when i saw the bike last week :oops:
re: wheels, gonna have to sort out some v-brake forks as the ones i have now are disc only. i have some Manitous i could use off my hardtail, but they need a service plus i need to get some rigids sorted for my hardtail before i donate the Manitous..!!! its all a bit of a mission right now! but thanks for the offer - may get back in touch when im ready!

Back