Caribou Vamoose-SOLD SUBJECT TO COLLECTION

toomanycakestops

Old School Hero
I have an un-used Caribou Vamoose
Designed back in the 90s by Richard Grigsby of Cyclescheme this got rave revues in Cycling Plus and other mags at the time.
This is a 'Vamoose' which means that it's very fast when needs be and can weigh as little as 22lbs. This is a genuine all-rounder as proved by lots of owners. It can be time trialled, triathlon'd, road raced, toured commuted or just ridden as a bullet-proof road bike.
Handling has been designed to mimick the classic road bike despite having lower inertia 26in wheels. For those who are interested this is done by having less fork offset to increase the stabilising trail.
The frame is made from Deda tubing, filet brazed by Lee Cooper. Paint job is standard Vamoose - midnight blue with gold forks. Top tube falls away towards the rear in classic KONA style. Rear triangle is long to give heel clearance to panniers.
Size-wise this bike would suit any one between 5' 10" and 6' 3" who likes a long reach - the virtual top tube is 57cms. seat tube is 51cms c-c 54 c-t

EbayBikesnov2010062.jpg

EbayBikesnov2010061.jpg

A frame I would be happy enough to keep and build up so £160 ONO collect NW London or I will post.

Back