Early rigid Offroad?

the branding on the saddle says Offroad to my eye, it also exactly matches the master with its remaining decals and components, cable routing ,fork rake is all the same

my opinion is its a master with a blue badly done home overspray fade thing to the top tubes, a diamond in the rough perhaps

catalogue says its tange infinity tubing, and as for rarity i never even heard of that company before

good spot, i hope someone here gets it and gets it back to original :cool: :cool: :cool:

not very good at this cropping resizing thing, its them two bands on the down tube and the fact that everything else nearly fits makes me 99% convinced

Attachments

• offroad89pg5.jpg
    offroad89pg5.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,206
  • master perhaps.jpg
    master perhaps.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,206
My undestanding is they went on to become / create the proflex, haven't seen anything like this before.

Any one know if they are any good?

the_duke":copuimb0 said:
My undestanding is they went on to become / create the proflex, haven't seen anything like this before.

Any one know if they are any good?

Correct...the proflex landed on the scene around '91 IIRC so this will be from somewhere around '89-'90 I guess. Note the early flexstem that were fitted at the time. Offroad also made a rigid 300LX equipped Sport model that was sold as a basement model for a short while under the Proflex range, there was a black and neon yellow one I recall.

I've no idea on how these ride...I've never seen any early Offroads here, maybe our friends across the pond will add a comment or two :)

Dunno

Dunno about the offroad shizz but those bands do look a good match for that catalogue scan

But the front and rear QR wheels and flex-stem definitely aren't the preserve of typical 200GS equipped bikes

- And it has an onboard pump for chrissakes :D

Although on the downside spokes are rusty... So not stainless...

I rode one of these when they first came into the country in 1988 or 89 i think, whilst at the malvers Hills Classic race. I don't really remember how it rode, it was a new thing to try out the flex-stem.

Looks like a bit of a mess now though......shame. :?

Back