MBUK & Kona 1997 part 5 - September and October

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Part 1 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=288652
Part 2 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=312723
Part 3 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=317810
Part 4 here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=331342

No idea if anyone is remotely interested in these but hey, I've started so I'll finish. Moving into autumn and the shift to 1998 has begun.

That's shown here in the September issue and the first 98 advert for the Stab - que my interest in Kona disappearing quickly ;-)

LxmYs1.jpg

Items of interest are few and far between this month. If you squint hard you can see someone riding with the 97 jersey and I think, in the purple and green a much earlier 90's Kona top.

0RGdmy.jpg

Things pick up in October with a big surprise. First up check out the price list - could you really order a 97 Caldera frame from these lot? I'd be amazed if that was the case! If you did - and you have it - you know who to call!!

kDPIEX.jpg

Next up, one of my bikes being ridden (a Manomano) but with some odd older forks. I suspect that was because they realised the stock Shox were shite.

gFfHsj.jpg

Then there's the lesser-spotted AA - taking in some urban golf.

qcbFD9.jpg

Then it get's really cool with a 2nd hand test featuring a 93 Explosif. It wins the test - naturally!

8lRKLI.jpg

October is wrapped up with someone riding a King Kikapu:

6PXI6d.jpg

The final installment takes in November and December - it's pretty thin on the ground :(

Back